Two Revisions and No Improvement, Should I Settle? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty in '06 to correct a tiny line in the tip of my nose. I had a small but nice nose after but there was a slight 'scooped out' look on one side but not the other-very slight. Had a revision in Dec 12 with rib cartilage and was left with multiple dents, extremely long nose and major nostril show. Went back for another surgery in Feb 13 & it looks even worse w/ the same issues. Not counting the original surgery, I spent ~25k on both revisions w/ the same doc. Should I try again?

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It would not hurt to get another opinion if you are still not happy with your nose. An experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist may be able to help. If you are going to seek out another revision, you will need to do your homework and choose a surgeon who is very experienced with revision rhinoplasty. Look for board certification, a good amount of before and after photos with revision cases, and fantastic patient testimonials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com/revision-rhinoplasty/

Two Revisions and No Improvement, Should I Settle?

+1

It is your nose - so NO you should not settle.  You need the rib graft removed and possibly discarded.  The graft may be replaced, if necessary, but it must be trimmed in length and height.  In addition, you may need some sort of camouflage for the graft.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty and multiple revisions

+1

Sorry that you are having so many problems.  I would warn you that repeated revisions can thin out the skin too much and cause depressions and risk of loss to the skin.  Good luck.

Two Revisions and no improvement

+1

Your nose definitely has an operated look. It is too long with a droopy tip and an assymetrical tip with irregularities.  This nose can be improved but will require a real expert in Revision Rhinoplasty.  I would recommend you see a surgeon like Dr. Dean Toriumi in Chicago who does a lot of complicated noses.

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Maybe need to find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

It's hard to believe you allowed the same doctor to keep operating and making your nose look worse.  Not sure why you needed rib cartilage graft in the first place.  

Right now you have an excessively long nose, probably due to the rib cartilage graft.  Your nasal tip is distorted, with irregular contour.  The nasolabial angle is not good.  

I think it would be most beneficial for you to get a second opinion by a plastic surgeon, who has a lot of experience with rhinoplasty.  I would not go back to the same doc.  Good luck.