Had Temporal Lift and Upper Bleph with No Results. Help? (photo)

Had a temporal lift and upper bleph, not sure I needed the temple lift at all. Had 4 consults; 2 said do the temple lift w/the eyelids or my incisions will be longer without the lift and the other 2 said just the eyelids. I got so confused I did both. I regret it because I have 2 wide scars on the side of my head which need to be revised. I moved, my surgeon is in another State and will have to pay for in-office revisions. I need a 2nd opinion, and a new doctor. So sad!

Had Temporal Lift and Upper Bleph with No Results. Help?

+2

I would have the widened scars revised and a little more skin removed from the upper eyelids.  These two maneuvers will give the most predictable improvement.  I would finish the treatment with Botox to the glabella.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Upper-and-Lower-Eyelids.php

Temporal Lift and Upper Blepharoplasty with No Improvement

+2

It is difficulty to judge any improvement without a preoperative photograph.  Your frontal view shows a depressed inner brow (especially on the right side) with persistent glabellar creases.  You still also have excess eyelid skin.  The central brow issue can be corrected with Botox until you are ready for a revision of this area.  You will still need some of the excess skin removed from your upper eyelids.  

Options For a Failed Temporal Lift

+2

When someone comes in with heaviness to their upper eyelids there are usually 2 components; extra upper eyelid skin and some drooping of the brow. Most people have some component of each of these. Unfortunately, your post op photos show both of these issues remain. While your eyebrows are in a pretty good position (the surgery may have helped this), there appears to be both extra upper eyelid skin as well as eye brow skin that is crowding the outer part of the eyelids (which the surgery did not seem to help). Your results show one of the main problems with a temporal lift. When you use your fingers to pull your eyebrows into a position that gives the best result, the direction of pull is up and out. The pull in a temporal lift, however, is primarily outward. This does a good job of lifting the eyebrow, but does not cause much elevation of the eyebrow skin (and it is the eyebrow skin, not the eyebrow itself that causes the heavy appearance to the upper eyelids).  A brow lift on the other hand (which moves the brow up and out), gives a much better, natural, and aesthetically pleasing result (by moving the eyebrow skin along with the eyebrow). At this point you have 2 primary options. Given that you have already had surgery (and are understandably reluctant to do more), one option would be to simply remove all of the extra upper eyelid skin that is still present. If you prefer, this could be done using a local anesthetic in the office. This would give a good result, but would not completely correct the problem given that there is still some brow droop still present. The second option (which would give the best result), would be to do an endoscopic brow lift along with the upper eyelid surgery. This would correct both issues and should give a very nice result. If you want to come in for an evaluation, feel free to call the office. Good luck.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Problems with upper eyelid blepharoplasty and brow position

+1

May be not choice for you other than a revision.  I would focus on a skin revision of the upper eyelids, your brows appear to be in good position.  If you desire improved lateral brow position then an internal browpexy can be performed.  To get some elevation of the medial brow you could have a corragator muscle excision and release.   This would raise the medial brow about 2 mm and help to smooth out the vertical glabellar creases.  

Upper Bleph and Brow lift results are poor

+1

It is difficult to tell but it looks as if your previous doctor has missed the mark, you appear to have had very little done, make sure you consult with a BC PS or Facial PS that is well respected and will answer all your questions. good luck!!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Browlift Results

+1

From looking at your pictures it does not appear you have had much rejuvenation to your upper eyelids.  It is difficult to assess without before and after pics.  I suggest you followup with a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who specializes in facial rejuvenation for a consultation.  Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.dranthonycorrado.com/face-procedures-cherry-hill/blepharoplasty/

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon