Silicone CC or Rupture 11 Years Post Op?

I had silicone PIP implants done 11 years ago in Mexico. They've always been a bit asymetrical, one nipple larger than the other but I've never had problems. Recently, my r/breast is much higher, rounder, firmer & larger than the left. It even feels warmer to touch but no "pain". I have no Plastic Surgeon & afraid to think of what cost for revision would be. What is worse healthwise, CC, or rupture? How long can a rupture stay in place before complications? Would BCBS PPO cover MRI? Thank you!

Problems with PIP implants

+1

You need revision surgery.  Therefore skip the MRI and find a board certified experienced plastic surgeon. Insurance will not pay for the MRI if they know your surgical history and the reason you are having the study. I recommend you not delay seeking treatment too long.

Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Implant rupture

+1

Hi!

Thank you for your question,

It sounds like you may have a rupture. I would check directly with
your insurance to see if they would cover the MRI but also highly
recommend seeking an in person consultation Asap with a board certified

plastic surgeon about any type of revisional surgery.

Good luck.

Dr. Sam Speron

PIP implants need to be replaced or removed

+1

Your implants sound like they are ruptured. There is a recall on the PIP implants. Please get an MRI if you need confirmation but it sounds like your implants have lasted you a long time already and they are ready to be replaced.

PIP implants should go

+1

If you had PIP implants placed a year ago, and one is very firm, the risk of rupture is quite likely and you are best giving up on the MRI and have the implants replaced. Even the normal MRI should not convince you to kee the firm implants which have been recalled.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com