How Can I Get Rid of my Keloids Without Spending a Fortune?

I got acne on my shoulders when I was 19 and now I'm left with these embarrassing scars at 21. They look gross, they feel gross. I was wondering if there was any cream or gel strong enough to get rid Of them and if not what kind of procedure do I need and where do I get it done? How much will it cost approximately? I have suffered with these ugly bumps long enough.

Scars on Shoulder

+2

Must have photos to say anything.   This is a very difficult area to treat scars.  Kelocote silicone paste may help some raised scars.  Retin A  -  Hydroquinone  helps pigmented scars.  Surgery is not the answer usually but may play a role.  Laser may play a role.  Please present photos.  My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Keloids/ Fortune

+1

What is a fortune? Depending on the problem and solution cost will vary. Sometimes keloid scars will improve dramatically with kenalogue shots spaced about a month apart . Sometimes surgical excision with the steroid shot is needed and sometimes radiation treatment at the time of excision helps. All of these services cost money so price will go up depending on the problem and how aggressive the patient wants to be and what they can afford. There are no creams or gels that alone will resolve this problem.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon