what should I do if my stitches busted around my areola and there is yellow paste like discharge?

BBA

+1
If this has happened to you then you need to see your PS ASAP.  You shouldn't wait.  Just go see them ASAP.

Broken sutures

+1

Without a photo the only advice I can offer is that you call your surgeon, who can decide if you need to be seen or just reassured.

All the best.

Contact your plastic surgeon

+1

You should contact your plastic surgeon and discuss these concerns with them as you need to be evaluated in person sooner than later.

Luis H. Macias, MD

What should I do if my stitches busted around my areola and there is yellow paste like discharge?

+1

From what you describe, you should contact your plastic surgeon and explain what happened so that your surgeon can evaluate you.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Go see your surgeon!

+1

you need to see your surgeon for wound care. As long as the implant is not exposed this should heal with the right care. Sometimes the wound can be excised and closed as an office procedure.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon