When should I do a revision? How is it done? (Photo)

2 months and 18 days post-opt. Open-rhinoplasty performed. What kind of revision do I need to straighten the left side of my bridge and nostril. What kind of revision do I need to fix my nostrils (one is higher than the other and left appears more round than the right nostril). What kind of revision do I need for my nostrils size to be even.

Timing for revision rhinoplasty.

+1
The party line is to wait 12 months before proceeding with revision rhinoplasty.  My opinion is that minor revisions can be performed at 6 to 9 months whereas major revisions should wait the full year.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC, FACS.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty. When should I do a revision? How is it done? (Photo)

+1
Thank you for your question. After a rhinoplasty it can take several months for the swelling to subside and you may not realize the final shape of your nose for up to 12 months. It is too soon in your convalescence to determine the final shape of your nose. Give the swelling time to evolve. Make sure and discuss all of your concerns with your plastic surgeon at your next follow up visit.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon

The time for revision after rhinoplasty

+1
Usually we wait at least six and sometimes twelve months after rhinoplasty befor planning any revision. We just cannot predict what might be needed until things have had a chance to settle down.