Are There Any Other Options to Help Improve my Deep Acne Scarring? (photo)

I am in my early 20's with many deep acne scars. I have visited different doctors in the past few years to help minimize the appearance of my scarring, but I am still not satisfied with the "results". So far I have tried: 1 CROSS TCA treatment, 8 sessions of the Matrix CO2 laser, subcision, punch elevation, Juvederm XC, and 1 IPL session. I am worried that I am running out of options to help improve my acne scarring. Are there any other procedures that may help?

New Treatment for Deep Acne Scars

+1

Although you have tried treatment with CO2 laser, I recommend that you consider a unique type of treatment that targets the type of acne scars you have.  We have pioneered a new technique of acne scar treatment that addresses focal areas of acne scarring (such as your cheeks and temples - since you do not have acne scars covering your entire face.)  Using this newer technique (called the F.A.S.T. treatment of acne scars - which stands for Focal Acne Scar Treatment) we can treat much more aggressively, in order to produce more dramatic improvement than traditional CO2 laser treatments, with less downtime and fewer side effects.  We currently perform this treatment for patients all over the country (and even internationally) with our Fly in for Clear Skin Program.  You might also consider exploring different fillers (such as Juvederm Ultra Plus or Restylane), a combination of subcision and laser resurfacing, or a series of strong treatments with a non-ablative resurfacing laser, such as the Fraxel.  Good luck!

Dermabrasion

+1

This is very aggressive and requires about 10-14 days of healing. Even afterwards the skin will be sensitive and red for month. BUT it works! here is a video of me preforming the procedure in combination with Mixto fractional co2. Some of the temple scars can be filled with Restylane as well. I hope this was helpful.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist