Is swollen nose tip on the next day of cast removal normal? How long will it take to get back to normal?

Its 10 days since I underwent rhinoplasty.it was an open surgery.the cast qas removed on d 7th day post op..it looked great that day.the nose was sharp,thinner and perfect.but d next day it turned bulbous and my tip is not sharp as it was on d day of cast removal.im worried and paranoid now.is this my original shape or d one I had on d day of cast removal?how long is it gona take to get back to normal?I have planned my wedding in about 3 to 4 months..im really worried..

Swelling Nose After Cast Removal

+1
It's very normal for the nose to swell when the cast is removed. It could take several months for the initial swelling to subside, and up to a year before you will see the final results of your rhinoplasty. It's only been 7 days since your surgery, so please be patient, and don't hesitate to contact your plastic surgeon if you do not see the swelling diminish within the next 1 to 2 months. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

Normal for the nose to swell after splint removal

+1
Dear ss10, It is normal for the nose to swell after removing the splint. The majority of this swelling should dissipate in three months with the final results in a full year. You should be fine and picture ready for wedding day. Congratulations on your nuptials. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Swollen nose after rhinoplasty

+1
It is quite common for the nose to swell after the splint comes off. It will take several months for the swelling to subside. Best of luck.

Swollen nose tip on the next day of cast removal

+1
The splint is there to control the swelling after rhinoplasty and help control the nasal shape. It is normal for the tip to swell and lose definition after the splint is removed and it will take several months to see the definition again.