Is This Stage I CC or Just Plain Assymetry or Still Early to Tell? (photo)

I am entering my Wk6 post op BA. I have Allegra mid-range Rt 410 Lt 390 unders as I was already assymetric to start with. I have been massaging and doing breast displacement, even did the bandeau for 2 weeks but the Rt seems to still ride high than the Lt. They are both soft to massage but I am worried that this maybe stage I CC or should I have gotten more cc's on the Rt or there is still time (and hope) that it will be okay. I know that there is no perfect symmetry of the breast but I'm worried

Possible Capsular Contracture or Assymetry?

+2

Thank you for the excellent photos.  You do have breast asymmetry pre-op.  Your left breast is naturally lower than the right breast.  Looking at your post-op day 1 photo, both breasts appear to be very close in size, and a little breast asymmetry is normal.  In review of your post-op pictures from week 4 through week 6 it does look like both breasts are becoming more even and less swollen.  I do believe if you continue your displacement exercises and massage you will notice the right implant drop a little more over time. The left breast will be lower than the right because that is the way it was pre-op.  Without a physical exam it is difficult to diagnose whether or not you have a capsular contracture, however, since you mention that both breasts are soft and you are not experiencing any pain, this could indicate you do not have a capsular contracture at this point.  You do have a very nice result. I would recommend discussing your concerns with your plastic surgeon to review your options. Best of luck to you.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Is This Stage I CC or Just Plain Assymetry or Still Early to Tell?

+2

Great posting of photos! As you stated you have moderate asymmetry and the volume differential was to restricted, in my opinion. Only difference was 20 cc's!!! It appears as you are at least a 50 to 100 cc swing. Than the anatomic appearance of the right being higher than left is due to the breasts shape, which was not addressed in your operation. ONLY revision will improve. 

Capsular Contracture? #breastimplants

+2

Capsular contracture is diagnosed by physical exam so I can not tell you if it is a contracture or not. I like the photos you present but I need to see your pre operative pictures to know if you were asymmetric to start with or not. It looks like from the start that your left breast crease is lower on your chest. If it was like that pre operatively, it will be like that post operatively unless your surgeon tried to lower the other fold which is risky. Your pre operative photos are key here for us to comment more. I would see your surgeon if you think you may have an early contracture. Your shape looks great overall.

Richard J. Brown, MD

+2

Hi! Thank you for your question,

I am Dr. Speron, a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).  I am also certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

According to your photos, the right implant is definitely higher than the left, but it typically takes a few months for them to drop. It’s hard to tell just by looking at the pictures, so I highly recommend that you schedule a follow up appointment with your plastic surgeon for an examination.

Below are some links for additional information and before and after pictures.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900.

Best of luck and have a great day!

Regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Grade I capsules

+2

It is a bit early to judge capsular contracture and a grade I capsule is slight firmness in an otherwise normal appearing implant. A grade IV capsule shows rounding and displacement of the implant. You do have notable asymmetry in the skin envelope and things may yet sort out over a longer period of time. A pocket issue, perhaps, but a soft implant which is movable is not a capsular contracture.

CC or high implant?

+2

Hi and thanks for posting. Your photos do show the right implant as being obviously higher when compared to the left which has descended nicely over 6 weeks. It is impossible to diagnose contracture versus high implant without doing an examination. Either way, this requires close follow up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

+2

Most likely explanation is that the implant on the right side has not dropped as much. It often takes up to 3 months, occasionally longer. The handed side with the stronger muscle is usually the one that takes longer to accommodate to the new implants. If the implants are equally soft, this is not a capsular contracture. Grade 1 capsule, by the way, is normal, soft, and that is what I think this is based upon photo and description.

Grade 2 is firm to the touch, normal in appearance

Grade 3 is firm, and in addition, distorting the appearance of the breast

Grade 4 adds the findings of pain to grade 3. 

Patience. Continue with massage, expect improvement in symmetry over the next 6 weeks. All the best.