What Size and Site is Best for Me? (photo)

I have been through 3 PS and all recommended differently. I need a common ground. I'm 5'4", 138-140 lbs, Asian and have one child. My Lt breast is slightly bigger and lower than the right. Currently a 34B but would like to be a full cup C to D. My surgery is next wk already and still undecided... HELP! I'm freaking out....

Advice on Breast Augmentation

+3

Cosmetic breast surgery is more of an art than a science.  With that in mind, if you visit ten different plastic surgeons, you are likely to get ten different opinions based on their training and experience.  This is not to say that one doctor is right and another is wrong.  They just have differing perspectives.  Sometimes, the more information you get in this area, the more confusing it can be.  My best advice would be to select a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) and has a good reputation for this type of surgery.  Talk to your friends who have had cosmetic breast surgery and see who they recommend.  Talk to former patients of the plastic surgeons you visit and look at before/after pictures.  At the end of the day, you want to select the plastic surgeon with whom you feel most comfortable performing your surgery.

The best size for you?

+2

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

What Size and Site is Best for Me?

+2

I would note that there is a noticeable size and shape difference to the breasts, and, not wishing to add to your confusion, the possibility of a breast lift on the left to equalize the amount of breast skin and reposition the nipple and areola should be in the mix. 

Implant choice should reflect your goal and anatomy, and implants should be chosen with keeping implant diameter about even with breast width. 

Your idea of a C or D may bear limited resemblance to mine, so getting online advice on size is not very useful. Some surgeons estimate that about 200 cc of implant increases one cup size, but that is just a guideline.

If you are really undecided, perhaps holding off until you are confident in your decision makes sense. All the best. 

Selecting the right implant size

+2

The more plastic surgeons that you see the more opinions you will get and the story will become even more confusing.  Select a plastic surgeon that you trust and work together to select an appropriate breast implant size.  

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.  My best suggestion is to spend more time with your chosen plastic surgeon. Discuss your goals and priorities. In my practice, I use goal pictures to help with the communication process. Also, make sure you discuss the existing breast asymmetry and how much achieving breast symmetry is important to you;  it may be necessary to perform additional surgery on the lower breast to achieve improved breast symmetry.

Again, at this point, you'll be much better spending off spending additional time with your plastic surgeon  than with online consultants.

IMPLANT SELECTION

+2

Hi Lilac,

Thanks for the photos.  It appears you have some breast asymmetry.  Without measurements and examination it is difficult to give you specific recommendations. The left breast is larger and hangs lower.  You will need a lift/small reduction and implants on this side.  The right will need just an augmentation.  The implant profile will be based on your width. The position of the implant submuscular or subfascial depends on the amount of soft tissue coverage.  I would review your options with your surgeon.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

No time for these doubts one week before breast aug

+2

The right implant for you has the width to match your chest width and the profile for the upper pole look you want. Implants alone will magnify not correct your asymmetry so you might need a lift on the low side. Call your surgeon tomorrow and discuss.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Undecided on surgery 1 week before!

+2
Hello and thank you for your question and photos. It sounds like you are torn on what to do. In this kind of situation, it's best to take a step back, visit only board certified plastic surgeon, and don't price shop. Go with the surgeon you trust the most. Listen not only to what their recommendations are, but also to the reasoning. If two or more plastic surgeon have different reasons for doing something, bring up the other surgeons recommendations to each and see how they explain how their rational is right. Best Wishes, Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Surgery next week

+2

You may want to reschedule your surgery for a later date since you are having second thoughts.  Based on your photos, you may need 2 different size implants, and maybe a minor lift on one side.  It is best to seek a Plastic Surgeon that you trust to make the best decision for your care.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Implant size

+1
I use a technique called dimensional breast augmentation which involves taking in a number of factors and measurements, so each patient is unique. That being said, given your height, weight, and your activity level, along with the fact you are considering a lift, I would say you are probably not that far off in choosing an implant in that range. Best thing to do is to see a qualified plastic surgeon that has good breast expertise.

Two different sized implants may also be used to correct size asymmetry.

Jerome Edelstein, MD