Size After Breast Lift?

I am looking to get a breast lift and I'm curious to know if the procedure would drastically change the size of my breast? I am currently a 38DD and do not want to be much smaller than that.

Breast lift does not make breasts smaller.

+2

Hi.

In a good vertical non skin pulling breast lift, only some skin is removed.  No breast tissue.  So you will be maybe 3% smaller.

Size After Breast Lift?

+1

The mass of the breasts will change very little with a breast lift as usually only a small amount of skin is removed.  However, the breast density can be altered by the tightening of the skin envelope and make the breast appear smaller.  This is usually only a significant factor in women with very loose skin and less dense breast tissue.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Size After Breast Lift?

+1

The amount of tissue removed is usually about 15 cc per side, or about a tablespoonful, so only a trivial amount of volume decrease is expected. However, the sagging breast often looks larger than it really is. If you elevate an arm overhead you may see this effect, and obviously nothing is removed when you do that. 

All the best. 

Tissue removal during breast lift

+1

During the mastopexy or breast lift procedure, minimal skin is removed in terms of volume. However, because internal arrangement of breast tissue is necessary for uplifted results, the illusion is slightly smaller. This is typically less than one half of a cup size. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area to show you before-and-after pictures of several patients with their outcomes.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Short Scar Breast Lift in Los Angeles

+1

A breast lift will not reduce or increase the size of your breasts. I encourage women to undergo a short scar breast lift to reduce scarring. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast Lift and Size

+1

Breast Lift does not make the breast smaller. The breast lift procedure puts the breast back where they belong on your chest.  To increase volume you have to add implants.  A breast reduction makes the breast smaller.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast Size After Breast Lift?

+1

Thank you for the question. I think that you will be better off discussing your questions and concerns with your chosen plastic surgeon. For example, by looking at before and after pictures of previous patients, you may get a better idea of what to expect after undergoing breast lifting. Also, your plastic surgeon may be able to demonstrate what your breasts will look like and where they will “sit” on your chest wall, in front of a full-length mirror.

Do not base your communication and/or your satisfaction with the outcome of breast surgery on achieving a specific cup size. As you know, bra sizes will vary from one  manufacturer to another; therefore, communication using cup sizes as a reference can be a source of confusion and/or disappointment.  The use of goal pictures may be more helpful during this very important communication process.

Size after breast lift

+1

Hi Maya,

I believe you previously asked about incision types.  You now ask about volume.  This is an important question.  The only way your size will be maintained in a lift is if only skin is removed and all the internal breast tissue is preserved.  In my opinion, this type of operation will not produce an acceptable result. A breast lift that relies solely on the skin to lift the breast will result in bad scars and will not be able to hold the lift.

The best way to lift the breast and maintain its volume is to perform the lift using the internal tissues of the breast along with the use of an implant.

Good luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Size after Breast Lift

+1

If only skin is removed and the breast tissue is left behind, then your breast should be about the same size. However, your bra may fit differently and you may be sized into a different size. It would be better to focus less on bra size (since each bra company has variations in size) and more the final appearance. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast Size after Lift

+1

When a pure breast lift is done without removing any tissue as in a reduction, the breasts remain the exact same size. Therefore, if you are the size you would like to be in an unpadded bra, then a breast lift is what you need to regain your breasts perkiness.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon