Scar Removal For Trauma on Bottom of My Chin? (photo)

I suffered trauma to my bottom chin from a bad fall. The scar is raised.I first got a kenalog injection,and the scar went completely flat.Then,my scar came back.I got another injection which did nothing.I then got a biopsy and had the scar cut,it went down and then came back.Now he gave me another kenalog injection and it's done nothing today. I have spent over $500 for the treatments.What are my options?I just want it flat.I also used scar guard with success,but it peels off and is noticeable.

Submandicular scarring

+1

Since you have already undergone one scar revision procedure, I would be concerned regarding keloiding but this could also be scar hypertrophy.  A physical examination would be necessary to determine the basis for the problem but I doubt that it is an entrapped hair follicle. 

Scar on chin

+1

Without examining you, it's difficult to tell what might be causing your problem with your chin scar not healing well.  Normally, a scar like that could be excised and should provide you with a flat, linear scar.  Have you had issues with scars healing poorly on other areas of your body?  I see your options as the two that you've already tried (kenalog and surgery).  My recommendation would be to try and excise it again.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar Removal?

+1

It is hard to ascertain fro the picture whether this represents some form of foreign body reaction, an entrapped hair follicle, or a hypertrophic scar.  The history seems to suggest a source for this inflammation, like a hair follicle or foreign material from the fall.  The treatment would essentially be the same for both, involving removal of the area and repair.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon