Second Round Fat Transfer to Buttocks?

I've heard that if you need a second round of fat transfers, that the areas used for liposuction in the first round, cannot be used again to harvest fat for the second round...is this true?

Second Round Fat Transfer to Buttocks?

+3

This is not necessarily true.  About 25% of my practice is revision work.  I can frequently remove 5 liters and transfer 1200 cc to 1500 cc per buttock using the same areas.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Brazilian Butt Lift / Butt Augmentation Toronto

+2

If there is fat present, you should be able to still harvest fat from that area.  A physical exam would be needed to make this decision.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Revision BBL

+1
That is not true. If there is fat available from previous harvested areas, there is not reason why they could not be uses as donor sites again.

For a secondary fat transfer to the buttocks can the previous donor sites be used?

+1

If  there is residual donor fat available in the initial donor site(s) then those sites can ceratainly be used again. Those sites have to be examined by the PS for suitabilty..

George Lefkovits, MD

Seond time liposuction

+1

If the liposuction the first time was complete then you can not remove more fat. If there is still large volume of fat remaining then a second round of liposuction is possible. This is determined after physical examination.

Second Round Fat Transfer to Buttocks

+1

Yes, most likely you will not have much fat left in the areas that they did liposuction initially, so you would need to use a different area his time.

Rigo Mendoza, MD