Post Op Breast Reduction-steri Strips Have All Fallen off? (photo)

Hi, I am about 10 days post op from a breast reduction and within the first week all of my post surgical tape/steri strips have fallen off. There doesn't seem to be a problem with any of the area, i.e., there is no wound splitting/signs of infection, etc. However, with looking on this site, it seems most people have their steri strips on for 2 weeks or even longer. I have steri strips and paper tape at home, is this something that I should be reapplying? I have all dissolvable sutures, fyi :)

Steri strips on incisions

Your wounds look excellent.  The use of steri strips is variable from surgeon to surgeon, I usually leave them on for 2 weeks.  Ask your plastic surgeon what he/she prefers.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

4911 South 118 Street
Omaha, NE 68137

Reapplication of Surgical Tape after Steristrips Fall Off in Breast Reduction

Surgical strips or tape can be reapplied based upon surgeon's preference.  Your plastic surgeon may want you to do that. 

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Breast surgery incisions and tape

I like to have my patients tape for 4-6 weeks. I think you should ask your surgeon what his preference is.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Best to keep breast reduction scars taped for several weeks.

You are healing well.  It is just that you may get better scars if the wounds  are taped. So call your plastic surgeon.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Steri Strips after Breast Reduction?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource; you will find that every plastic surgeons' preferences differ. By the way, your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942