Post Op Breast Reduction-steri Strips Have All Fallen off? (photo)

Hi, I am about 10 days post op from a breast reduction and within the first week all of my post surgical tape/steri strips have fallen off. There doesn't seem to be a problem with any of the area, i.e., there is no wound splitting/signs of infection, etc. However, with looking on this site, it seems most people have their steri strips on for 2 weeks or even longer. I have steri strips and paper tape at home, is this something that I should be reapplying? I have all dissolvable sutures, fyi :)

Steri Strips after Breast Reduction?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource; you will find that every plastic surgeons' preferences differ. By the way, your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Steri strips on incisions

+2

Your wounds look excellent.  The use of steri strips is variable from surgeon to surgeon, I usually leave them on for 2 weeks.  Ask your plastic surgeon what he/she prefers.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Reapplication of Surgical Tape after Steristrips Fall Off in Breast Reduction

+2

Surgical strips or tape can be reapplied based upon surgeon's preference.  Your plastic surgeon may want you to do that. 

Breast surgery incisions and tape

+2

I like to have my patients tape for 4-6 weeks. I think you should ask your surgeon what his preference is.

Best to keep breast reduction scars taped for several weeks.

+2

Hi.

You are healing well.  It is just that you may get better scars if the wounds  are taped. So call your plastic surgeon.