Would a Niacin Wrap (Mlis Wrap) 2 Weeks After Sciton Prolipo Reduce Lumps?

I had water lipo combined with Sciton Laser Prolipo to the upper/lower abdomen and flanks 12 days ago and I am healing like Wolverine shockingly (all swelling reduced to less than pre lipo level, no bruising at all anymore, audits invisible) BUT i am developing the expected hard visible lumps all over my abdomen. I was petite before and only had 1liter out so the lumps really really show on me. Would a Niacin (brand name Mlis) wrap help lymphatic drainage and reduce lumps or would it do harm?

Niacin Wrap after Liposuction

+1

A compression garment after liposuction can be beneficial, but I do not know of the efficacy of the niacin wrap.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Post Op Liposuction Garment

+1

Thank you for your question. I would talk to your doctor and I would continue wearing compression garment on the treatment area.  Lymphatic massage and lasers such as Velashape can improve swelling, lumpiness, and irregularities.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in body contouring for the best and safest results.  I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction types and post operative care

+1

I believe the liposuction  that you had is no better or worse than any  other technology system such as laser or ultrasound liposuction.  For that matter simple small cannula liposuction  does 90% of the work in all liposuction.  Worldwide, simple small cannula liposuction  alone  and no technology assist, accounts for 85% of all liposuction.  There is absolutely not one shred of evidence any technology system improves the  end results .   No question the technology companies spend many many millions of dollars trying to convince patients one or the other is better but there is zero evidence of any advantage in end results.   The fact that you have done well simply reflects the fact that in general liposuction patients do well and heal quickly regardless of technology or no technology. Also you must have had an adequate doctor.  Anyway its nice you have done well.   Any Nicain wrap is really total nonsense and will be of no help to you.   Gentle simple massage and  most of all time will help you go to the  ideal endpoint.   And remember, all massage is lymphatic massage or at least should be.    My Best,   Dr C.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon