Will my Left Drop and Look Somewhat Like my Right? (photo)

I had my augmentation on 9/9/2013. I was a 32A to begin with and asymmetrical. I did Natrelle silicone smooth high profile under the muscle. 475cc right and 500cc. I am now two weeks post op and i am very pleased with my rights progress however my left still looks strange. Its high with no lower pole compared to my right. Also, my nipples are very uneven. Will my left even out over time? Does it look like the crease on my left side is too high? Will i have to have a revision?

Will my left breast drop and look like my right

+1

At just 2 weeks post op, it's too soon to worry.  Sometimes one side heals quicker/settles quicker than the other side, everyone is different so try to give it some time.  Breasts can change in shape anywhere from 3 to 6 months so keep an eye on it and continue to follow up with your surgeon.  I typically show my patients how to massage at around 3 weeks post-op so perhaps you can ask your surgeon about massage and a breast band if he/she feels it's necessary.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

It's to early to tell.

+1

It is to early to tell since the position of your implants can spontaneously settle up to and beyond 3 months from date of surgery. However, I have some concern because the odds are against the left breast dropping symmetrically with the right. It would also be important to know whether you had going into surgery a nipple asymmetry.  If this were so then the present implant asymmetry is not likely to change .

David A. Ross, MD

Too early to discuss results

+1

As you stated you had asymmetry before and you will have asymmetry after augmentation. Breast augmentation will enlarge your breast and will help with asymmetry, but will not make your breast identical. You will continue to see improvement. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Will implants drop

+1

What you often see are differences in the skin envelope right to left, and it will take time for the higher implant to settle in as the skin relaxes. Check with your surgeon to compare symmetry before.

How to improve asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

Thanks for your question and photos.  It looks like your left breast implant is higher compared with your right breast.  A pre-op photo would be helpful to see if the nipple height of both breasts are the same.  In general both breast implants should gradually drop provided you are not active and cause a capsule to form.  You should wear a good support bra  with lower padding.  The right bra strap should be tight so the right implant does not fall and the left side should be kept very loose so you can let gravity allow the left to fall at a faster rate than the right.  Sometimes you may even add a "chicken cutlet" gel pad on the right breast on the bottom to prevent that side from falling while virtually not supporting the left for the next few months.  Then also push on the top of the left breast several times a day to relax the lower pole tissues.  Eventually they should even out. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

After breast augmentation

+1

You are early in the post op period. It will take several weeks to a few months for things to settle out completely.  Continue followup with your surgeon for advise.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+1

It may take 3 months to see the final result and sometimes, implants drop at different times. So keep in touch with your plastic surgeon. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Will my breasts look even?

+1

Dear MissJ,

thank you for your post.  You are very early after breast augmentation.  It is quite possible that your left side will drop over the coming weeks/months.  However, I would follow up with your plastic surgeon to see if he/she recommends massage, compression band, no bra, etc.  There are a variety of techniques to help create better symmetry.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant postop position

+1

There is clearly assymetry between your breasts, but you are only two weeks out from surgery.  All plastic surgeon's lives would be easier if bilateral procedures (i.e. both sides) healed at the same rate. With time, i expect your right breast implant will descend and become equal to the other side. Talk with your surgeon as well. Best of luck.  #breastimplants

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks postop

+1

You are only 2 weeks postop.   You likely have swelling that is contributing to your swelling.  Massaging the breasts can help.  But it can take several weeks for your breast(s) to settle.  So you need to give more time to see your final results. I'm sure you will love your results once you've fully healed.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS