If my Goal is to Re-fill Deflated Breasts, I Am 50 and Ribby. Gummy Silicone Under the Muscle? (photo)

Can I Be Too Thin for Implants?! Nursed 3 kids, lost 20 lbs working out. You can see my ribs. I'm 6', 22#, 28" at bra band area, 29.5" above breasts, 31.75" across breasts braless. Thinking I could do a moderate profile,gummy silicone,submuscular, perhaps with the bottom tucked into muscle to keep them from dropping. Would like to be 2 cup sizes bigger than now 32B. Am I too thin for any implants? I also really want to avoid a lift simply because I don't want a nipple incision because having sensation is very important to me.

Goal is to Re-fill Deflated Breasts

+2

I think that anatomically shaped implants, placed under the muscle would be a good choice for you, based upon the photos and without an exam. Implants should be placed under the muscle. 

There is enough skin excess in the lower pole that I feel you would benefit from skin resection, which would require an incision along the breast fold, but no movement of the nipple and areola is necessary. All the best. 

Options for Thin and Deflated Breasts

+2

Based on the pictures, a gel implant under the muscle is appropriate. The more cohesive "gummy bear" implants may be an option depending on your breast width and desired outcome. A small "lift" can be done my removing some of the lower breast skin which does not affect the nipple.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Gummy Bear implant is goo

+2

The advantage of an anatomically shaped implant is that it adds volume to the upper part of the breast. This is ideal in thin women. Looking at your photos, you'll need to go under the muscle for tissue coverage. I would reccomend a skin reduction of the bottom portion of your breast or you run the risk of having a bottomed out breast. The skin reduction would add some scars but would be a worthwhile trade for the shape improvement!

Good Luck!

David Shifrin, MD

The gummy implant for augmentation

+2

Certainly with the thin cover the highly cohesive or 'gummy' implant might have some advantages. A problem with a very thin breast is implant show through and ripples, even with gel. The gummy will hold its shape and ripple the least, and of course have the lowest chance to look round. I think you have the right idea.

Implants will help restore your volume

+2

Thanks for your ? and pics. I do think that you will have an improved result with implants. Your very low weight relative to your height makes this a challenge., Putting the implants below the muscle is obvious to prevent them being visible. Even under the muscle they can have rippling in your case but it is less likely. The newer gummy shaped implants are potentially a good choice for you. They are however more firm to touch. The smooth round gel implants that are memory gel are softer. I don't think there is a right way and wrong way to do it regarding the implant choice. You don't however appear to need a lift. The nipple position is above the crease. Your crease is however high and tight and might need to be stretched downward without compromising the integrity of the fold. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Add volume and remove excess skin

+1

You have two problems.  One, your breast volume is too small.  Two, you have too much skin.  You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, implants can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable long term, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.  At size 32 B 200 cc implants would take you to a D.  The profile of the implant is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.  This technique will add the volume you need and remove the excess skin. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Not too thin for implants

+1

Breast Implant technology has come a long way, and is still progressing, but we haven't been able to design breast implants that exactly mimick natural breast tissue. What makes your implant look and feel natural is your body's own tissue over the implant. The ratio of your own tissue vs the volume of the implant will determine how natural your ultimate result will look and feel. If you have small breasts and thin skin, you should stick with a smaller, anatomically shaped, moderate profile implant to have as natural a result as possible. A smaller implant may not fully fill the breast if you have very loose skin, but upsizing the implant to an inappropriate volume to avoid a lift will yield poorer results.

Robert J. Carpenter, MD
Cumberland Plastic Surgeon

Very thin and desire implants

+1

Yes, you  may have a problem with visibility of the implants. Under the muscle will camouflage the top. The more cohesive gels may be the better choice.  However, I would not be surprised if you would need a revision down the road due to rippling, and having to add strattice.

Smooth round gel implant, submuscular possible need for a lift

+1

With your shape I would not recommend a contoured tear drop shaped implant.  You will do better with  a submuscular smooth walled gel filled implant.  Depending upon your skin laxity you may also need a vertical breast lift to give you the best shape and result.  

TOO THIN!!!

+1

You are definitely a lean, mean machine.  You will get an excellent result with "gummies" under the muscle.  Go for it.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon