Do I need a mini tummy tuck? (photo)

I'm 5'5 and 170. I've haven't had kids yet. I want a BBL with lipo in my stomach and my back. One of the doctors I was interested in said I needed a tummy tuck cause with lipo my lower stomach skin will be all loose. Do you also believe I should get a tummy tuck? Thank you for your time.

Do I need a mini tummy tuck? (photo)

+1

The short answer is no, the only thing that can help you is a full tummy tuck. However, I would need to examine you, but it seems you have some adiposity (fat under the skin) all over your belly. So, you may be able to keep the scar as short as possible, by first getting a liposuction all over the belly and then having the tummy tuck a few months later. You will probably ask why they cannot be done at the same time. The reason is that with the liposuction the circulation to the skin will be compromised and it may result in a portion of the skin necrosing (dying) if a tummy tuck is done at the same time. So you have to allow time for the circulation to be re-established, and that usually takes about 6 months. If you consult with an experienced plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, you can obtain more detailed information.

Mini-tummy tuck?

+1

I usually recommend harvesting the fat and not doing an abdominoplasty or mini-tummy tuck at the same time to minimize the risk of flap loss after elevation.

Do I need a mini tummy tuck?

+1

You could have the Brazilian buttlift and the tummy tuck at the same time.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy Tuck is Necessary if there is Loose Skin

+1

With loose skin and a round abdomen, there is a no avoiding a tummy tuck to achieve the best result. Otherwise, after the liposuction, you are going to end up with even looser skin on your abdomen and still have a round shape. The tummy tuck is necessary to remove the loose skin and tighten the muscles to give you a flatter abdomen. This will significantly improve your results.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

BBL Candidate

+1
You are a reasonable candidate for a BBL. While you do have some skin laxity in the abdominal region, it is not severe. If you are willing to compromise and accept a minimal amount of skin laxity, then you can get most of what you want. I would wait on a tummy tuck until you are finished having children. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck with Liposuction Harvest

+1

Based on your pictures, your doctor is correct. Removing a lot of fat from your stomach to put into your buttocks will result in loose abdominal skin. You would be wise to have the tummy tuck (just to remove the loose skin) at the same time as the liposuction harvest.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

BBL/TT

+1

I also agree a 100% on the need of a Tummy tuck and a nice and tight muscle repair in order to achieve a awesome result on your abdomen.

In this time is very common to find beautiful and young women like you who haven't had any children and had developed some degree of flaccid skin, tissues and muscle just because of weight loss through your life and those ups and downs will cause this condition.

Once saggy skin is developed NO procedure will tighten the skin (specially once you already have stretch marks): no laser, no massage, no exercise, no diet, no mesotherapy, no laserlipo, vaser, etc.

All type of liposuction will only create more loose skin.

Tummy tuck does not interfere with pregnancies.

You are a very young patient, who have to be enjoying your body and wear all type of clothes including bikini, and a Tummy tuck will make your body ready to it. The incision will be covered under a bikini... saggy skin can not be hidden no even under clothes.

which ever decision you make will be great for you. Just feel sure about it.

Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck recommendation.

+1

Dear aatki,

Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your oictures, your doctor is correct, a full tummy tuck is strongly recommended because you have skin and muscle laxity from your chest bone to your pubic bone. Liposuction or mini tummy tuck will result in mediocre result. As far as BBL, consider the fact that the injected fat to the butts will most likely disappear in 6 - 12 months . Think about it, if fat injection was so reliable, breast implants would have disappeatred from the market... Your best option is butt implants, because they do not disappear and you can have them made to your size and shape desire. Consult with board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of butt implants surgery and check the before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on the pictures posted, it seems you have a lot of laxity of skin in the lower abdomen and droopy pubis. Liposuction may cause wavy skin

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com