How Long is the Wait Period for the Actual Surgery, After the Consultation with the Doctor?

Don't be rushed from consultation to surgery

+1

The plastic surgical consultation should evaluate your condition, inform you about the options, and give you enough information (and time) to weigh the risks and benefits.  I have had some people choose to have their procedures the same week and I have had others ponder the decision for years.  I am uncomfortable with meeting a patient for the first time and performing major elective surgery the same day.  I know this is done but I don't think it is a good idea.  There is too much risk of a miscommunication between patient and doctor.  If you have had your questions answered and have had enough time to make up your mind, you've probably had enough time.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

+1

This may only be a few days in the right situation.  Some plastic surgeons are better equipped to handle this if they have multiple ORs and greater number of staff.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Surgical Wait

+1

This can very tremendously depending on your surgeons schedule.  Some of us can accommodate patients that have time restrictions but generally wait can be in the range of a month.  

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon