Invisalign and Black Triangles?

I am currently halfway through my invisalign process. I had IPR done in four different spots on my top teeth approximately 8 weeks ago. The gap between my front two teeth started to close but now I have a very visible black triangle. My front two teeth appear to meet at the bottom but there is a triangular gap on top. What caused the black triangle to appear and is there a chance that this black triangle will disappear? If not how can it be fixed?

Black triangle during invisalign

+1

Black triangles are the space between the teeth at the gumline. Sometimes, the gum papillae will fill in those spaces after a few months. In other cases, you might need some bonding procedures to add "enamel" to the teeth in that area. These triangles are a common result after orthodontics and there is not much that can be done to correct this issue

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Dealing with Black Triangle Disease.

+1

Black triangle disease is as a result of two processes, one is the recession of gum tissue that occurs over time and as a result of gum disease.  The other cause is gum tissue never having formed properly as is the case with crowded teeth or overlapping teeth.  Dentistry has struggled for years to restore the gums, to hide the black triangles.  If the gum was never there, it wont grow but the space can be minimized but doing a little more reduction and squeezing the teeth closer together, this can squeeze the gum and reduce the size of the black triangle.  This will also narrow the teeth.   Another way is adding material to the side of each tooth, therefore closing the space.  You need to discuss which option would be best for you. 
Don't worry, these are very simple solutions to a complex problem that sometimes happens even between natural health teeth that are perfectly aligned.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign and Black Triangles

+1

Black triangles are the space between the teeth at the gumline. Sometimes, the gum papillae will fill in those spaces after a few months. In other cases, you might need some bonding procedures to add "enamel" to the teeth in that area. These truangles are a common result after orthodontics.

New York Cosmetic Dentist