I Think I Need a Tummy Tuck Revision? (photo)

hi, i am almost 7 months post op from a mommy makeover. i am not happy at all with my results and i really feel like i need a revision tt. can someone please help me and tell me what you think? if i do need a revision tt is that something that i have to pay for again or will my ps cover the charges?

I Think I Need a Tummy Tuck Revision?

+1

Very hard to see the issue exactly. Best to seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Not happy with tummy-tuck

+1

Dear Patient,

It is always difficult to give you an honest answer based only on 4 post-op. pictures...

It would be best to sit down with your plastic surgeon, review your pre-and post-operative photos, and discuss what can be done.

Based on your pictures posted here,you do present a hypertrophic scar, which could be controlled by serial monthly injections of diluted Kanalog.

and personally, I think a better contouring of your mid-section could be obtained with more liposuction on your flanks.

and yes, it is an additional procedure. All costs should be discussed with your surgeon.

Good Luck,

Sincerely,

Florence Mussat, M.D.

Florence Mussat, MD

+1

Hard to determine whether or not revision is indicated without seeing before photos, and understanding what features you are dissatisfied about.  Your surgeon did a fantastic job of keeping the scar low and easy to hide.  Your belly button doesn't look bad either, and on profile view, the tummy is flat with no overhang.  Scar is dark and thick, may potentially be revised.  This is a complex issue, and it is fine to solicit opinions online, but, as you most certainly already know, returning to your surgeon and frankly disclosing your feelings is the best next step.

Steve Laverson, MD

Thick scar after tummy tuck

+1

For some, it takes a very long time for things to settle after tummy tuck. Your scar is quite thick and likely to need revision under less tension and better circumstances. Your surgeon may have other suggestions for you and to help with the scar.

Yes you will need a small correction plus lypo and scar remotion/si requeriras una correccion secundaria

+1

yes it would be  better for you,to realize a smaller procedure in this order a.-scar remotion a´.- little skin tihighting with small  lower  belly skin remotion  b.-lypo on belly and flanks c.-do not touch muscles again d.-elastic compressive garments for a couple of months again.

with respect to fees normally patient in any part of the world pay at least in any revision case hospital,anesthesist,and materiales to the surgeon just less than 20% of the whole expenses to be realized in this future surgery  at least for surgeon´s tax payments

si seria mucho mejor   realizar  una pequeña correccion de  esta paciente  mediante la eliminacion de la cicatriz,una nueva liposuccion, retiro de una pequeña porcion de piel baja abdominal para tensionar la piel y uso de la faja elastica  compresiva por 2 meses  mas la tarifa en cualquier parte del mundo civilizado en caso de  revisiones es  que el paciente pague al menos los gastos de hospital y anestesia y nada para  el cirujano solo los gastos de impuestos  un 20% al menos del costo total

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Every plastic surgeon handles revisions differently

+1
Hello, Thank you for your photos. Depending on what you would like to accomplish you can undergo either a full tummy tuck revision or just liposuction of the abdomen and flanks. Each plastic surgeon has his or her own revision policy but I suspect you will be asked to pay for atleast the anesthesia and facility fee if not also a portion of the surgeons fee for the revision. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD