I Have Lumps and Itching 3 Months After Sciton Pro Lipo W/ Water Lipo on ABDOMEN Is This Permanent? (photo)

I had sciton laser lipo on sept 21st 2012 & I looked amazing for a couple weeks after & had minimal swelling. I had 2lbs of fat removed from my abdomen/love handles. I was 5'1" 119 Im now 115. The lumps have slowly become less over 3 months, but I'm concerned this may be my final result? I used a top surgeon whos a teacher for sciton & does approx 200 lipos a year. I also have bouts of itching occasionally.It looks worse when i arch my back (see photo 2) Photo 1 is me standing normal.

Lumps and Bumps after Liposuction

+1

These irregularities may very well get better with massage over the next several months.  The scar banding can be irregular and produce these results.  I am sure that your surgeon is an expert, but these types of results can happen even in the best of hands.  Remember though that you may get better in a few months.  Even if the results persist, be patient and let your plastic surgeon offer suggestions.

Lumps And Itching 3 Months After Liposuction

+1

Let's take the easiest problem first.  The itching that you are experiencing is actually the regrowth of pain fibers, the most common nerve fibers in the body.  These fibers were temporarily injured during the liposuction process, and itch is really low grade pain.  Therefore, my mother was correct when she told me when it itches, it is getting better.  As these new pain fibers mature, the good news is this itching will pass.

The lumps you see are actually normal areas of residual fat popping out between areas of scar tissue.  This scar tissue is actually permanent unless you do something to improve it.  In my practice, I would treat your lumps with ultrasound (the kind physical therapists use for sore muscles) done 3 times per week to reduce the scar tissue and loosen some of the bulging fat. 

This bumpy result is a known complication of liposuction.  I recommend you see your plastic surgeon and get his opinion.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

I Have Lumps and Itching 3 Months After Sciton Pro Lipo W/ Water Lipo on ABDOMEN Is This Permanent?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. Your UN arched result is excellent! While I see the irregularities when stretching out, you should allow a few month months of healing. But there is a very real possibility of permanency of these irregularities in contour. I might suggest external ultrasound therapy. But if still unhapy only PRP Fat grafting to the valleys will improve them. 

Lumps and Itching 3 Months After Sciton Pro Lipo W/ Water Lipo

+1

It takes approximately 6 months for wound healing to be near complete, including after liposuction. I would discuss ultrasound vs radiofrequency therapy with your doctor to see if this can help soften your internal scarring.  Good luck

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lipo results - finalized at 3 month.

+1

Usually my patients are happier at 3 months than a couple weeks. Best to follow-up with your plastic surgeon, and see what they have to say.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon