I can't breathe from one side after 1 and a half year open Rhinoplasty. Is this normal? (photos)

the oustside of the nose is ok! but since that operation i havent breathe well on 1 side of my nose. Today I went to the ENT and he told me that I should have surgery so i could breathe WELL! but isnt gonna be easy because he has to open inside the older scars. im really worry about if this operation can affect my nose aesthetically or its NECESSARY to have a plastic sugery working with the ENT to work functionally and easthetically?what i should do?

Difficulty breathing after facelift

+2
Any surgeon who does rhinoplasties is capable of simultaneously addressing your breathing issues. Find a plastic surgeon that is familiar with optimizing your results for both problems.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and breathing

+2
An assessment of your breathing and an internal exam is essential to determine possible causes. Good luck with your decision to pursue revision.

Revision Rhinoplasty for Breathing Issues

+2
Dear matilde12340~

Thank you for your question. Difficulty breathing after rhinoplasty can have many causes, such as a deviated septum, nasal valve stenosis or collapse, or enlarged turbinates. Correction of some of these issues will affect the nose aesthetically, while correction of others will not.

There are many surgeons who are capable of taking care of both the functional (breathing-related) and cosmetic aspects of the nose. I would recommend finding one surgeon who is familiar with rhinoplasty and is comfortable addressing all your concerns.

Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD

Additonal septoplasty?

+1
1 in 10 Rhinoplasty cases require revisions.  I would recommend going back to the original plastic surgeon to determine whether the septum and turbinates were addressed during original Rhinoplasty procedure.  If not, that doctor should be the one who performs the additional work.

Mitchell F. Grasseschi, MD

Revision rhinoplasty to correct nasal obstruction.

+1
I would advise a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon or ENT who specializes in both functional and aesthetic rhinoplasty for your problem. There may be several causes, including septal deviation, nasal valve collapse, synechia formation (scar tissue), or turbinate hypertrophy, which must be identified ahead of time. Revision surgery need not significantly change your nasal appearance if performed by a skilled surgeon.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon