I am considering having arm lipo, and would like to know if I would benefit from the procedure. (photo)

My arm is currently 14 inches in circumference relaxed when held flush to my body. I would like to know if there is an approximate amount I could stand to lose for the procedure. I hear the recovery is difficult and wanted to know if its worth it.

Is Arm Lipo Worth It?

+1
Hello there, and thanks for your question. Based on your photo alone, it appears that arm liposuction may be a good match for you. Although you'll likely experience bruising and swelling, the recovery following arm liposuction is no worse than any other type of liposuction, and the results can be very satisfying. I recommend a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to help you decide whether arm liposuction or another approach is the best way to give you the results you want.

Arm lipo

+1
As long as your skin is not too loose you would benefit from liposuction. If you have excess arm skin brachioplasty may be  a better option. I suggest seeing a board certified plastic surgeon who can help discuss the options in more detail. Good luck!

W. John Bull, MD

Liposuction for the arm

+1
For evaluations of liposuction, try pinching the areas of concern.  If you can the pinch the area and another area nearby pinches such as your inner arm.  As long as your skin is not too thin, I think liposuction could help your areas of concern.  Best Wishes!!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Fat reduction of the arms using laser assisted liposuction or tumescent liposuction can be worth it.

+1
Unfortunately,  I can not see your arms so I cannot assess whether you have diet and exercise resistant fatty deposits. I like my patients to prepare for an arm fat reduction procedure by establishing a stable and effective exercise and nutritional plan. Together we will determine which procedure is best for you. Over the past 24 years of practice, the patients who have prepared for this type of procedure and are committed to maintaing the result with healthy habits post procedure are very happy with the results of their arm fat reduction procedure. After an in depth consultation, together we will decide which procedure is best for you. Lastly, patients typically lose 1/4 to 1 pound of fat from each arm during a liposuction procedure. Good luck.

Laurie Casas, MD

I am considering having arm lipo, and would like to know if I would benefit from the procedure.

+1
Yes, you are a good candidate for liposuction of the upper arms.  The skin of the upper arms does not look loose and will have a good result after the surgery.  Good luck and be safe. 

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Photograph demonstrates A patient who should get a good result from on liposuction.

+1
The fat in the arm doesn't look overly excessive in the skin looks to be in good condition. I think you should expect a good result from liposuction of the arms.

+1
Best to obtain in person consultations from boarded PSs in your city/state. I would offer a very conservative SmartLipo Triplex + lipo of the upper arms. Than secondary ThermiTight RF+ThermiSmooth Rf therapy for skin tightening...  

+1
 Arm liposuction can be very effective.  If there are other areas you want done at the same time, I would do them together.   Find an expert in liposuction. 

Arm liposuction

+1
Arm liposuction can be quite rewarding, but you would need to be seen in person to determine what could be achieved for you.