Active hidradenitis will increase the risk for infection with any operation.
The risk of infection with liposuction is extremely low. Nevertheless, I would be disinclined to perform any elective aesthetic procedure on someone with active infection.
Liposuction with active hidradentis suppurative
Thank you for your question about liposuction
- You question is very reasonable and very important.
- I worry about any surgeon who wants to do liposuction in an area of active or chronic infection.
- Your hidradenitis should be under control before any surgery in the area -
- And often surgery is needed to control hidradenitis.
- I would suggest you get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon before having this liposuction.
Hope this helps. Best wishes.
Hidradenitis and cosmetic surgery
Your hidradenitis in my opinion will affect your cosmetic procedure. I would recommend that you get that under control medically or surgically prior to any elective cosmetic procedure.