Aside from medications, is it necessary to eliminate caffeine & alcohol within a certain time prior to BBL/ Breast Lift surgery?

Do you need to stop coffee and alcohol before surgery ?

Dear patient,
as long as you do not drink a crazy number of cups of coffee which can give you irregular heart beats, 1 or 2 cups a day is fine.
and same for alcohol: 1 glass a day is fine.
I tell my patients no crazy partying the night before surgery so they do not have a hangover, and are dehydrated...same for drugs, by the way ! but we can do drug testing in the hospital pre-op...
we do a lot of BBL, and most patients are reasonable when it comes for cosmetic surgery.
good luck,
Florence Mussat

680 N Lake Shore Dr.
Chicago, IL 60611

Foods to avoid for surgery

There may be some blood thinning capability of alcohol so I have patients restrict their intake before surgery. Coffee is no problem.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Moderation is the key for caffeine and alcohol

Gentle moderation is a must both before and after breast surgery and any surgery for that matter.    I suggest no caffeine or alcohol the day before surgery and certainly during the period after surgery do not mix alchhol and pain medication.  A little caffeine on the 2nd day and beyond is okay.    My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

1515 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306

Caffeine & Alcohol Prior to Surgery

Other than blood thinners and nicotine, I usually don't require patients to stop the use of caffeine or alcohol with any type of procedure. Caffeine or alcohol in moderation has not had any untoward effects in my patients. Hope that helps. If you're looking for pricing information for a BBL/Breast Lift from a plastic surgeon near you, please click on the Web Reference Link below.

Jonathan Kaplan, MD, MPH

2100 Webster St.
San Francisco, CA 94115