For deep acne scarring on the nose tip. Should I choose DeepFX or Fraxel: re:pair?

Best Lasers for Acne Scars

+1
Both DeepFX and Fraxel Re:pair are fractionated CO2 lasers, so the laser used will depend on your skin type, thickness, and type of scarring. Sometimes subcision or filler is also helpful in treating acne scars. It is advisable to seek a highly experienced dermatologist who can recommend the best treatment plan for you.

Baltimore Dermatologist

Deep acne scarring on the nasal tip

+1
Without more information, it is difficult to answer this question.  I have a strong interest in treatment of scars and have found that modalities other than laser sometimes are helpful for deep acne scars on the nose.  Options may include injection and or surgery.  Resurfacing can also play an important role in this area.  When it comes to choosing one laser versus another, I think you are taking on responsibility that is difficult for a consumer Best of luck!

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser Treatments for Deep Acne Scars

+1
Both laser treatments are good options in order to treat deep acne scarring, however the Lumenis DeepFX would probably be the better choice because it is specially designed to penetrate deep into the skin.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scarring on Nose

+1
Thank you for your question. Depending on your skin type, both may be options. I prefer CO2 based systems, but if your skin is dark, that changes everything. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon