Any Doctors in Chicago Willing to Provide Follow-up Care to a Non-patient?

I have decided to go out of the Chicago area for a TT/Lipo. I prefer to not travel back and forth for follow-ups. Yes, I chose a board certified doctor, and I checked on credentials. Any PS in the Chicago area willing to see me post-op for check-ups and if complications arise? What sort of i nformation would you need to from the operating surgeon to treat me? Thanks,

Finding a doctor in your area

+1

I would check the ASPS website for doctors in your area.  However, they might charge you to see you because they weren't your original surgeon.

Follow up when you have surgery out of town....

+1

Any board certified plastic surgeon should be able to accommodate your needs but understand that fees should be charged for each visit (whereas many will not charge fees when they are the surgeon).  Some doctors may not be as receptive and it would be to your best interest to simply avoid them.  The prior posters all demonstrate a willingness to see you.  I hope one of them is located close to where you reside.

Curtis Wong, MD

We'll help!

+1

In 23 years of practice, I've never denied care to a patient in need. Call my office and we can set up whatever care you need. I would however appreciate a copy of your operative summary and any pertinent information. Feel free to call Dr. Iteld or myself at 312-981-4440.

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Out of town surgery

+1

We make a practice of seeing patients operated on by a board certified plastic surgeons for a nominal cost.

I know that many of the fine doctors on the RealSelf panel have a similar policy.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Local Followup Care is Very Important

+1

I'd be happy to help you out. It's essential to have board certified plastic surgeon in the area provide your followup care. In many ways, the postop care is as important as the procedure itself. 

David Shifrin, MD