Have I Developed Pollybeak 8 Weeks Post. A Ball of Scar Tissue Has Formed Inside Nostril? (photo)

At my 6 week follow up I was told a nose is at its "most swollen" My nose has turned significantly more bulbous on the tip. The tip itself is significantly larger than the first few weeks post op. Is this a bad sign? A "ball" develop on the inner top corner of one of my nostrils. I was told to massage it. Why is scar tissue developing? My nose NEVER bothered me till recently. The bridge of my nose is not straight. I will ask about a steroid injection. I have a "v" shaped nostril post op

Have I Developed Pollybeak 8 Weeks Post. A Ball of Scar Tissue Has Formed Inside Nostril?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Early Redness and Fullness To The Nasal Tip

+1

A rhinoplasty procedure takes around one year to heal. Every office and surgeon has particular post procedure details to follow to help your nose heal properly. With any rhinoplasty result, time will help judge whether your rhinoplasty outcome has met your surgical goals. Early on, the nose may have a more swollen appearance. With time, hopefully your nose will take on the shape you desired.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Patience

+1

It’s too early to be critical of your result. Give it time, in the future better photos clearly showing the profile and your entire face are helpful to get the best advice. At only two months a lot will change still. Check with your PS for their recommendations for treatment.

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS