Dermal Fat Graft for Touch Up After Primary Rhinoplasty?

My surgeon wants to use dermal fat graft from behind my ear to fill an area on the side of the bridge closer to the poly beak after my original rhinoplasty. It appears to have some irregularities and possible loss of cartilage. What is your take on that? Is it the best solution for my problem? What would you use? Will it be permanent solution? Will I need touch up after its done? Will it give me good results? What would you recommend? How soon can it be done?

Visible irregularities following rhinoplasty surgery

+2

If you have thin skin and sharp edges of cartilage or bone following a rhinoplasty these changes may be visible.  A dermal fat graft may be a possible solution to this problem.  A full examination would be needed to give your a definitive answer to your question.  

Touch up for rhinoplasty with dermal graft?

+2

Without an exam, it is difficult to say whether or not that is a good idea for your specific issue. Good luck.

Dermal Graft for Rhinoplasty Irregurlarity

+2

Hi,

It sounds like a reasonable solution but difficult to say without actually seeein your nose. You can probably do this 6 months after your initial rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Fat grafiting for touch up Rhinoplasty

+2

Its hard to comment without any pictures.I have a feel that your PS suggested dermo-fat grafting from behind the ear and not the fat grafting since there in no fat to harvest from this donor area.

If its a dermo fat graft I think its a good permanent solution and is better than using any synthetic material which may look great for several years but may come out with unexpected outcome that is not known to any one.

wishing you all the best

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatment may be used, in select cases, to add volume to the bridge of your nose.

+2

Without a photo, it is not possible to comment on the advisability of fat grafting to your nose. In my practice, when volume needs to be added to the nasal bridge to improve aesthetics, I prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. I have no personal experience with fat grafting for nasal rejuvenation.

All the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dermal Fat Graft for Camouflage after Rhinoplasty

+1

A dermal fat graft is a reasonable solution.  A filler of some sort could be used.  Cartilage graft could be used.  All may be appropriate for your case.  Dermal graft should vascularize well in the nose, but the answer depends upon the nature of your deformity and how each of these techniques is utilized.