How Much Would It Cost and How Long Would the Recovery Be for a Hoodectomy? (photo)

I am interested in only getting the hoodectomy what would be the cost on this? how long is the recovery? is there a way that insurance would cover it because of the discomfort and pinching issues? not being able to orgasm very easy unless I pull the skin back

Hoodectomy

+2

Based on your photos and story and baring any significant medical problems, you do indeed appear to be a good candidate for Clitoral Hoodectomy - trimming of the excess skin around and/or covering the clitoris, often times not only being unsightly but also functionally a hindrance to orgasm.  Fortunately the tissue is robust with blood supply so it heals relatively fast but also dense with nerve endings so it is sensitive for the first 4 - 5 days.  Nonetheless, most patients are back up on their feet the very next day after surgery and can return to a sedentary job.  Unfortunately, in my experience most insurance companies consider this procedure cosmetic and will not reimburse for it.  At my office and surgery center the typical total fee for hoodectomy is ~ $2500.  glad to help...  

Clitoral Hood Reduction

+1

Dear Chicagoproblem, Based on your photos, you would be a good candidate for a clitoral hood reduction.  This surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia and often in an office setting which helps decrease costs.  Most patients can return back to a desk job in a day or so.  If you job requirements are more active, your time for returning back to work may be delayed.  Costs vary from region to region but are commonly in the $2000-2500 range.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Excess hood

+1

Thanks for your photos as it does show excessive hooding.  But it also shows very little labia.  Regardless, if you only want the hood reduced, its a procedure that can be done in the office for less then $2000.  Please realize it may not have any effect on your ability to climax and you must abstain from any pressure to that area for up to 6 weeks.

Curtis Wong, MD

How Much Would It Cost and How Long Would the Recovery Be for a Hoodectomy?

+1

Recovery for a clitoral hood reduction is fairly quick.  Most patients can go back to work the next day.  I have never had luck with insurance covering labiaplasty or clitorla hood reductions.  We charge $2000 for a clitoral hood reduction but it varies in different parts of the country.

Rigo Mendoza, MD