Is a brow bone reduction necessary? (photos)

My brow ridge seems as pronounced as a man's. I want to appear less masculine by getting a brow ridge reduction, but I'm afraid that something may go wrong during the procedure. What can I do about this brow ridge? Should I consider a brow lift instead?

Radiesse for fill

+1
I agree that a rhinoplasty may also help balance.
If you want to consider a non invasive treatment instead of reducing the brow ridge surgically, Radiesse could be injected above the ridge to smooth the contour. This would also allow you to evaluate whether this is the main source of your discontent. The Radiesse would last about one year, and might take more than one syringe.

It is not a common procedure, so most physicians would have limited experience.
The brow bony reduction is a reasonable procedure, but is a major invasive operation. From the photo provided I cannot comment on a brow lift.

Davenport Plastic Surgeon

Is a brow bone reduction necessary?

+1
Reduction af the brow bone is quite simple, and when necessary to feminize the face it is an excellent choice. Your single cropped photo is inadequate to make any recommendation for you specifically.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Rhinoplasty to look more feminine

+1
I think the best way to look more feminine based on your photo would be to have rhinoplasty. Your radix (the area at the starting point of the bridge) is low and could be raised with grafts during rhinoplasty. This would make your forehead look less prominent. Below is a link to a patient who, although male, had the same issue that I'm describing. You can see that after rhinoplasty his forehead does not look as prominent. Don't get forehead reduction...

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Masculine appearance in a female--what to do?

+1
Masculine appearance in a female--what to do? Your brow bone is not the problem. You need a forehead lift and your nose made more feminine and this will make you much more attractive and feminine.