Breast Scar Deformity, Can Get Fixed? (photo)

I have a central lining scar on my breast that every time I move my body or shoulders it makes a hole in my breast... My breast that has that scar doesn't grow as much as my other one does, so when I wear a bra it doesn't even fit fully like my regular one does in a bra... I wanted to get a breast augmentation but my insurance will only cover it under medical.. Is there a way a surgeon will do it under medical and fix my scar and boob size?

Breast Augmentation and Scar Covered By Insurance?

+1

You may be able to get a scar revision covered depending upon insurance coverage and the problems the scars give you.  You will not be able to get implants covered.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Breast scar deformity repair may be covered by insurance; augmentation, not!

+1

Your breast scar is indeed deforming, and depending on the terms of your insurance policy, reconstructive surgery to release and revise the tethering scar, and possible fat grafting to diminish the countour depression may be covered.

But breast augmentation would not be considered reconstructive, and the cost for implants would be elective (cosmetic) in nature (self-pay). Your surgeon may choose to combine these procedures, and a possible "break" in cost might be possible. Speak with several ABPS-certified plastic surgeons for more information. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/breast-procedures/breast-augmentation

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Scar Deformity, Can Get Fixed?

+1

The simple answer is no for ANT insurance coverage. But you can call your company ask for referral to their in plan PS in your city. 

Insurance and Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Unfortunately, I do not know of an insurance company that will cover breast augmentation surgeries unless it is a case of breast reconstruction in breast cancer cases.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Scar and augmentation

+1

i dont know of any insurance company that would cover breast augmentation. Unless you have a dignosis of breast cancer these procedures are not covered.

Breast Scar Deformity,

+1

Other than the deformity from the scar contracture, I don't appreciate too much difference in breast size, although the photos are just two-dimensional. Your insurer might cover a scar revision, but they would consider a breast augmentation cosmetic. 

I might add that any scar revisional will give some improvement, not complete correction, and the asymmetry may be more apparent with breast implants. 

Discuss the possibilities at an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon.hen you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.