I was looking into a abdominoplasty. How much would I have to put down and how much would the monthly payment be?

finance the surgery how much would I have to put down and how much would the monthly payments be I am 20 and have excellent credit and employed full time

+1
   There are multiple financing options that are available, and these can be discussed at the office of the plastic surgeon you select.

+1

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery and financing options, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes.

Abdominoplasty financing and costs

+1
The amount of a deposit and the monthly financing rates will depend on the surgeon and the type of financing you chose.  Each surgeon has their own policy as to how much of a deposit is required and weather the deposit is refundable.  The financing fees are entirely controlled by the financing company.  Some surgeons may do in-house financing, so you would need to check with their office regarding rates.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon