8 Weeks Post Op, Wondering if Left Breast Looks Ok? (photo)

I was wondering if my left breast looks ok. The areola is way larger, incision scar more visible. Breast seems higher. Will the areola get smaller? Will the breast drop more to hide the scar? Does it look ok?

Do my breasts look ok? 8 weeks post-op

+2

Pre-op photos would be helpful, but yes, it does appear that you are experiencing some asymmetry.  It would be interesting to compare your post-op to pre-op photo.  You may want to talk to your surgeon soon about massaging or wearing a band to help the left breast drop a bit.  The size of your nipple will most likely not change over time.  Your breasts can change anywhere from 3-6 months and you appear to be pretty tight, so give it some time but do talk to your surgeon about your concerns. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

8 Weeks Post Op, Wondering if Left Breast Looks Ok?

+2

Dear Gina,

Thank you for your post.  You left breast does seem higher and possibly wider with a larger areola.  This is hard to assess without preop photos.  Continue to confer with your plastic surgeon and give him your concerns.  He may recommend massage techniques to help mold the left side.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

8 weeks post breast augmentation

+2

At 8 weeks post-breast augmentation, they may be swollen , firm and high.  The areola may relax a bit but will be larger than before surgery as things do stretch.

Asymmetry 8 weeks after breast augmentation

+2

Thanks for your questions and pictures.  There is some noticeable asymmetry between the two breasts as you describe.  Based on the photos, it does appear that your implants may not have completely settled yet.  Give it some more time before deciding on a revision (at least 3-4 months after the surgery).  Also, the areola will most likely stay the same size that they are currently.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

2 months after Breast Augmentation

+2

I don't see any medical problems with your left side.  There are natural asymmetries between breasts all the time and I bet your areolas were different to start but it is more noticeable now that they are bigger.  Unfortunately, your left areola is not going to get smaller on it's own.  I also don't think your breast implant will drop lower at this point.  Nothing looks medically wrong though.  Good luck in your recovery!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

8 Weeks Post-Op

+2

8 weeks is still a little early to know what your final result will be. The implants will continue to settle out over time but they do look a little tight for two months out so it is hard to say how much they will drop. The areola, however, will likely remain large as they have stretched just like the rest of your breast skin. Give it another 2-4 months and then decide if you like how you look.

Joseph Fata, MD

Asymmetry early after a breast augmentation

+2

You are still early and do have some noticeable asymmetries. Most of your problems will get better over time.  Once you reach the 6 month point and problems still persist then a revision may be needed.  

In a young patient it may take several months for breasts to shape up after augmentation

+2

The breasts look artificially supported probably due to swelling. Is this goes down the breasts will shape up, the scar should then reside in a hidden location, and the areola will get slightly smaller.

Revision will correct breast augmentation asymmetry.

+2

Hi.

One breast definitely looks higher, larger, and with wider areola. Sit tight for another three or four months.  At that time, you may want to consider a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

OK after breast augmentation

+1

Concerning nipple size, your areola will remain larger after augmentation, as is the case with all others as you review augmentation results. It would be unusual to have the areolar become smaller again. Will your scar be hidden? Only as much as the skin envelope will relax to cover the fold under the breast. You have a very full implant for the available envelope and after six months you will have a better idea how it sorts out.