6/2011 I Had a Pancreaticoduodenectomy, and 8/2011 I Had to Be Reopened Due to Infection?

They used the wound vac to close me. I have keloids and lots of scar tissue, thus I have limited motion without pulling, burning, itching or feeling it is ripping. Can I get any relief with a scar revision?

IIT and scar revision on the abdomen - Los Angeles

+1

Staged scar revision may be the option, but it may be too early in the process.  I would begin with conservative scar treatments such as pulsed dye laser and IIT. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Complex Scar Revision

+1

You have a difficult scar but help is on the way.  Silicone paste (Kelocote)  or sheeting is the first step.  Use this one year and it WILL HELP you.   Once this is done it is time for the ABPS surgeon  to consider scar revision.  All scars can be helped to be more comfortable and appear more natural.   You need to see 2 or 3  AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGEONS AND GET IDEAS WHERE TO START.    I believe the silicone binder type sheeting will help you and after a year consider revision.. My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon