I am 4"11, 100lbs. Would 400cc be to big for my frame? (photos)

I need help with size, I asked questions about sizers n thats to doctors they said they can help.... in 4"11 100lbs... I want to not wear padded bras but I dont want people to notice my implants before me... help! Is 400 to big?

Breast augmentation size

It can be very confusing when three different surgeons give you three different opinions. Unfortunately, it's quite common because plastic surgery is just as much a form of art as it is a form of science.
particularly when placed under the muscle, but because we size with actual implants, to me it is the best teaching tool.
It is not uncommon in my own practice for patient to bring a friend or family member and a variety of different blouses and spend a good deal of time looking at the implants well before surgery.
So here's some basic thinking that may be of help As a general rule when my patients size their implants I like them to look at themselves with the actual implants in place in a testing bra. This is not a perfect teaching tool because implants can lose some projection to you:
When you look at implants on your frame don't just think about the size of the breast, but think about how it balances with the width of your shoulders as well as your hips. If an implant as to wide it will make you look top heavy, if an implant is too narrow it will look like a torpedo. In my own practice I try to focus on this relationship, and to me the width of the implant is almost more important than the volume itself.
Once you find the width of the implant that gives a nice overall balance with the hips then you can change the cup size by going high, moderate or low profile.
If you're agonizing between two sizes I generally recommend you go slightly larger, because it is very rare to hear patients say," I wish I had gone smaller".
Sometimes a patient who needs a breast lift is encouraged to go with a larger implant to to try and avoid the lift. I think that this is a mistake. I personally feel that it's better to get the size breast you want and let the lift happen if it's necessary.
Lastly, as a slender person it is always harder to have a more natural result. Patients with less breast tissue do not provide as much camouflage to help hide the implant. I always prefer a submuscular implant because it adds one more layer of tissue to help hide the implant from the outside world. In very slender patients I prefer silicone gel implants because they tend to look more natural as well. Even though you are slender, pick an implant that is wide enough to fill the chest appropriately. If you go too narrow, it can sometimes looked even less natural, smaller is not always more natural looking.
I hope these things that I've said are making sense, I hope I've been able to add some clarification in sizing for you. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Without an exam, it is difficult to answer your question.  Given your height and weight you probably have a very small frame and need to be especially careful with the size of the implant you choose.  Using implants that are too large can increase your risk for complications later. I recommend using your breast base width to find an implant that will fit your body.  The width of your breast will tell you and your surgeon which range of sizes will best fit your body. During my consultations, a patient is able to “try on” different implant sizes to get a better idea of the size she would like her breasts to be.  Be sure to research for board certified plastic surgeons in your area as well as review before and after galleries.

Be well and good luck!

Sizing relative to my frame

My initial impression is that 400 cc would be large relative to your frame.
To help patients better appreciate size, I place actual implants in side a bra with no padding and then place you in a t shirt in front of a mirror.  This gives you the opportunity to appreciate that size on your frame standing in front of a full length mirror.  If you are happy with the size and our plan is to place it under the muscle I then bump you a size as the muscle flattens the appearance of the implant.

Roger J. Friedman, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

400 cc in a 4'11" patient

will definitely be generous.  External sizers have been used reliably by my patients and I don't see the 22% re-operation rate that Dr. Horndeski cites.  1.5 cups of rice in a nylon stocking will closely simulate what a 400 cc implant would look like on you.  Use unlined bras and see for yourself if it will fit.  If you do go too large, your tissues may stretch out over time and you will need a breast lift and downsizing of implants so that is the reason to not go excessively large.

Curtis Wong, MD

Avoid over implantation

Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size. If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 400 cc implants would take you up 4 cup sizes. Since you are so small it is unlikely that 400 cc implants will fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

That is typically to large for your frame it you want as natural appearance as possible.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Breast aug

Thank you for the pictures.

Although your breast are not really visible and basing on your height and weight, I do believe that the size you want will be a bit large for your frame.

Can you post another picture in which your breast can be visible?

Thank you,
Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

What's the right size for me?

Thanks for your question for your photos. It's very difficult to give you information about sizing without being able to look at the entire person. Sizing of implants really relates to your shoulders and your hips not just the breast. In my own practice we try implant sizes in the office to get a sense of how that Balance works. Giving the dimensions that you given I suspect a 400 high-profile could have a good diameter but maybe generous for your frame in terms of projection. A 400 moderate profile might be somewhat wide for you. I would recommend you speak with your plastic surgeon and ask to try on implant sizers. I find that this is the best teaching tool.

Best wishes

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Would 400cc be to big for my frame?

Judging by a number can be very difficult as a 400cc will look different on different individuals. We have the best success when the focus is on the look, and not on the implant number. Sort out what you wish to look like and let your surgeon know.

Implant size

Hello, implant size depend on a lot of factors, not only that, there are different projections and shapes. The best way to asses your size need is during physical consultation. On the other hand, at 4'11'' you may wind up with breasts to big for your frame, and keep in mind that the bigger the implants the more you stretch your skin a the more fake it looks, of course all this depend on your frame and the size of your actual breasts. Good luck

Jose Leon, MD