I am 4"11, 100lbs. Would 400cc be to big for my frame? (photos)

I need help with size, I asked questions about sizers n thats to doctors they said they can help.... in 4"11 100lbs... I want to not wear padded bras but I dont want people to notice my implants before me... help! Is 400 to big?

400CC TOO LARGE?

+1
Without an exam, it is difficult to answer your question.  Given your height and weight you probably have a very small frame and need to be especially careful with the size of the implant you choose.  Using implants that are too large can increase your risk for complications later. I recommend using your breast base width to find an implant that will fit your body.  The width of your breast will tell you and your surgeon which range of sizes will best fit your body. During my consultations, a patient is able to “try on” different implant sizes to get a better idea of the size she would like her breasts to be.  Be sure to research for board certified plastic surgeons in your area as well as review before and after galleries.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Sizing relative to my frame

+1
My initial impression is that 400 cc would be large relative to your frame.
To help patients better appreciate size, I place actual implants in side a bra with no padding and then place you in a t shirt in front of a mirror.  This gives you the opportunity to appreciate that size on your frame standing in front of a full length mirror.  If you are happy with the size and our plan is to place it under the muscle I then bump you a size as the muscle flattens the appearance of the implant.

Roger J. Friedman, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

400 cc in a 4'11" patient

+1
will definitely be generous.  External sizers have been used reliably by my patients and I don't see the 22% re-operation rate that Dr. Horndeski cites.  1.5 cups of rice in a nylon stocking will closely simulate what a 400 cc implant would look like on you.  Use unlined bras and see for yourself if it will fit.  If you do go too large, your tissues may stretch out over time and you will need a breast lift and downsizing of implants so that is the reason to not go excessively large.

Curtis Wong, MD

Avoid over implantation

+1
Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size. If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 400 cc implants would take you up 4 cup sizes. Since you are so small it is unlikely that 400 cc implants will fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

That is typically to large for your frame it you want as natural appearance as possible.

+1
Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Breast aug

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

Although your breast are not really visible and basing on your height and weight, I do believe that the size you want will be a bit large for your frame.

Can you post another picture in which your breast can be visible?

Thank you,
Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

What's the right size for me?

+1
Thanks for your question for your photos. It's very difficult to give you information about sizing without being able to look at the entire person. Sizing of implants really relates to your shoulders and your hips not just the breast. In my own practice we try implant sizes in the office to get a sense of how that Balance works. Giving the dimensions that you given I suspect a 400 high-profile could have a good diameter but maybe generous for your frame in terms of projection. A 400 moderate profile might be somewhat wide for you. I would recommend you speak with your plastic surgeon and ask to try on implant sizers. I find that this is the best teaching tool.

Best wishes

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Would 400cc be to big for my frame?

+1
Judging by a number can be very difficult as a 400cc will look different on different individuals. We have the best success when the focus is on the look, and not on the implant number. Sort out what you wish to look like and let your surgeon know.

Implant size

+1
Hello, implant size depend on a lot of factors, not only that, there are different projections and shapes. The best way to asses your size need is during physical consultation. On the other hand, at 4'11'' you may wind up with breasts to big for your frame, and keep in mind that the bigger the implants the more you stretch your skin a the more fake it looks, of course all this depend on your frame and the size of your actual breasts. Good luck

Jose A. León, MD