25 Years Old and Big Bags Under Eyes? (photo)

I'm grateful for a lot of traits I received from my mother, but not this. Every picture, every time, every smile: I get two very defined crease under my eye. What are my options? Can this be fixed?

Big bags under eyes

+1

No surgery needed here.  The bulge you are seeing is normal muscle, the orbicularis oculi muscle.  You can try a little botox, but I would leave well enough alone

Bags Under Eyelids

+1

The only thing I can recommend is a small amount of Botox under the eyes. Make sure this is done by a very experienced physician, so that you retain full control of your eyes and smiling. Other than that, this is just a normal genetic variant that I wouldn't consider to be problematic unless you do! Best of luck! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Young face with lower eyelid bags

+1

This is not an uncommon problem.  Based on your pictures, it appears that the lower eyelid muscle is slightly over-developed and bulges when you smile.  This can be treated with a small amount of Botox, the effects of which can be amplified over time.

Hope this helps,

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Muscle requires Botox

+1

One can never substitute a photo for a physical exam but young patients can present with an over developed lower lid muscle. This is called the orbicularis oculi. It is actually very easily treated with small dose botox injections. This should only be done by someone who is experienced with this as too large a dose can leave the loer lid droopy and flacid. Botox treatment is temoprary but long term use can cause some shrinking of the muscle over time that may be permanent. Hope that helps!

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bags under eyes

+1

It's difficult to tell just with the picture, but it appears that your issue is not the result of fat protrusion, which is the normal cause of bags under the eyes.  You appear to have some thickening of the muscle below your eye, which can cause some bulging below the eyelashes.  You could try using a hyaluronic acid filler in the crease to see if that helps and if that doesn't work, the muscle can be thinned surgically so that it doesn't bunch up as much.  It's possible that removing a bit of the skin could help too.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon