2 Days Post Op and Have a Small Yet Painful Lump on Outside of Right Breast?

I know I'm only 2 ddays in and pain is normal, however my right breast has a lump that is painful on the outside. I can feel it and it restricts movement of my arm due to a sharp pain in the lump when I move my arm too much or the wrong way. Is this something I should be concerned about so early? Or should I wait it out for a few more weeks and bring it up at my 6 week appointment? I am right handed and start work again at 5 days post.

“Painful Lump” after Breast Augmentation?

+1

You will receive much more precise advise/reassurance if you communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon who knows your situation best. Nothing replaces in-person examination for this purpose.

Small Painful Lump on Breast 2 Days after Breast Augmentation

+1

The lump may be small fluid collection or hematoma.  In addition, the pain is probably due to pressure on the nerve.  Sometimes, the lumpy nature is just swelling.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Small painful lump after breast surgery

+1

Without an exam it is impossible to adequately state what this lump could be. Best to be seen by your surgeon.

Small Yet Painful Lump on Outside of Right Breast

+1

There are numerous possibilities, and it is not likely to be solved over the internet. A call in to your surgeon in appropriate, and after some give and take your surgeon can decide whether you need to be seen early. Call.  

Painful Lump and Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Angela2120,  Even though it has only been two days since your surgery, if you are having pain that is not something you and your plastic surgeon discussed as a normal post-surgery pain, then you need to contact your plastic surgeon and ask to be seen.  Most plastic surgeons would be happy to see their patients earlier rather than later if there is any question of a problem.  Please give your plastic surgeon's office a call and ask to be seen.  6 weeks is a long time to wait if you have questions.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon