15 days PO, nostrils look asymmetrical. What procedure will need to be done to correct this?

I had my columella removed and my nostrils reduced. Now they look asymmetrical. What procedure will need to be done to correct this?

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Hello, thank you for your question! Your nose looks great! You are only fifteen days post-op, so just be patient and give your body time to heal. Once all the swelling goes down, you will be able to see your final results (this takes months for the swelling to eventually work its way out). Keep in mind, too, that everyone has small asymmetries on their face. Even with surgery, it is difficult to be exactly symmetrical due to the preexisting assymetries. If you have any more questions, or would like to email or call me, feel free! Drkimberlyhenry.com. Best of luck!

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty swelling

+1

You just had surgery and you have to appreciate that a lot was done underneath the skin that you don't see. The results don't appear overnight. There is swelling after manipulation of the nose and this swelling is never the same on both sides of the nose. Most often these asymmetries work their way out in the end and you will likely not need any revisions. Be patient and wait at least 6 months before making any decision about the outcome.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

+1

Give yourself some time. It is too early.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.