I Am Currently a 32b and Want to Go Up to a Full C Cup Will 275cc Work?

I am 5'3 108lbs and 20 years old at my first consultation one surgeon told me that 275cc will get me to a full C cup and then another surgeon suggested I go with the 300cc. I dont want to look fake or overly huge since I am very petite. I want to remain as natural looking as possible.

Cup Size

+2

Hi

Trying to predict a bra size is very difficult as all manufacturers have different sizes.

Roughly speaking, 100cc is 1 cup size.

If both the 275 and the 300cc implants have been measured up by a qualified plastic surgeon then you can't go wrong. If it is a coin flip between the 2, always go for the larger implant. Especially seeing as 25cc difference between the 2 is minimal.

Good luck with your journey.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

C Cup size and cc of volume

+1

The best way to predict cup size changes and cc of the implant is to wear a bra and put that many cc of volume in the bra and look in the mirror.

Some use bags of rice and surgeons will often use an external sizing system.  This way the volume needed to be added to what yuo have can be assessed and the result yuo want can be predicted.

The problem will always be that 275 cc will produce one reult on one person and another on a different person.

Look for what yuo want in terms of the final result yuo see when yuo look in the mirror after adding the volume and the path will become clearer.

Jeremy Hunt 

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Cup and Bra Size

+1

At size 32, 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  A 32 B would require 100 cc's of implant to go to a C and 200 cc's of implant to go to a D.  275 cc's is more than adequate.  I recommend silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

The best way to find out is to try on sizers

+1

The most important consideration here is not the cup size, rather the size of the breasts on your body.  If you pick the size of breasts you like, then whatever cup it takes to fit them is the right cup size.  That may be a C, it may be a D.  It may be that you don't like the look of either a 275 cc or 300 cc implant, and really a 350 cc implant is better for you.  The best thing to do is to try on sizers with your surgeon or nurse while you look in the mirror at the size and proportions of your breasts.  This way you will get a good visual idea of what you will look like with different implant volumes, and you can make a more informed choice.  Then the cup size of your bra really becomes a secondary consideration.  

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

+1

If you're trying for a full C and you've been told that either the 275 or the 300 will fit, then I would recommend that you go with the larger implant.  In fact, that 25 cc is less than an ounce and doesn't make much of an absolute difference, but since you want the full C look, I would vote for the 300 (again, assuming your surgeon agrees and is comfortable with that...if not then, honestly, it won't make much of a difference...)

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and cup size

+1

I always say that Victoria's secret C cup is different than another store's C cup.  So it really depends on how much tissue you have to start with when adding an implant for breast augmentation.  The selection of a 275 ml implant sounds very reasonable but it is always better to go slightly larger if waivering on a size.

Elisa A. Burgess, MD

Which implant for a full C?

+1

Thanks for posting your questions. Your measurements suggest you're a petite woman. You may also have small breasts and tissue, which may not stretch much. Both 275 and 300 seem like reasonable choices, but there is no way to predict the ultimate size or bra.  It might be best to seek a few opinions from another local surgeon on how best to meet your wishes. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast Implants and Bra Size

+1

This is a common and difficult question to answer.  There are no amount of cc's which will equal a certain bra size.  Bra makers are so different so a C cup at Macy's will not be a C cup at Victoria's Secret.  I think it is good to talk in ranges of what type of size you are looking for.  I would not worry too much about 25 cc's difference - that is about a tablespoon of fluid.  So if you are going back and forth between sizes, you should go with the bigger one.  Most patients are scared of being too big before surgery and wish they were bigger afterwards!  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Letting the patient decide what size breast implant would be best

+1

While there is much discussion about how to help the patient decide what size breast implant would be best for her, I have found that putting mod profile implants in a stretchy bra and adding 50 cc give the best results. I have never told a patient what cup size an implant would give them because there is no standard measure of cup size. Each bra manufacturer makes this up for each company. There are some measurements of the breast that should be taken and then used as references. The base diameter of the breast should be larger that the base diameter of the implant. With this in mind I let the patient choose. I don't really understand how a Plastic Surgeon can decided for a patient what size breast they would like. Patients use the same terms, "I want to be proportional, I don't want to be too big, I want to look natural, etc,". Then one patient who has said the same thing picks 250 cc and another who says the same thing picks 600. The patient has in their mind what there own body image is and they can identify it if given a chance. Using this technique I almost never have patients coming back in to change the size of their implants. I do however tell them to choose the larger implant if they are trying to decide between two different sizes. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Despite your excellent description of body type and goals,  it is not possible to give you specific advice without direct examination or at least viewing pictures.   Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” or "fake or huge look" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.