I Am 5'2 135, I Would Like to Gain 10 Pounds for my Bbl if I Gain It in 3wks is That Ok?

If I gain weight right before my Brazilian butt lift will the fat still be good fat?

Should I gain weight for a brazilian butt lift

+2

I never recommend gaining weight for surgery.  You don't know if you will have more fat available for transfer if you gain weight (ie. what if you gain more fat on the inside that is not available for harvest, and then your waist will be larger and you'll be worse off).

Should you gain weight before haveing the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+2

Gaining weight prior to the Brazilian Butt Lift is very reasonable.  It doesn't matter whether you gained it quickly or slowly as long as you maintain your weight after surgery.   The only "bad fat" is fat that is not removed, prepared and injected properly so as to give it a chance to live.  If the fat cells are injured during any step of the surgical process, they will likely die.  If your surgeon knows how to do this procedure well, you will get healthy, live fat cells.  Then it is up to you to keep them alive.  Your surgeon should go over all of the details the you need to know, telling you what to do and what not to do to keep your new fat cells alive. 
Good Luck

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Gaining Weight Prior to Brazilian Buttlift

+2

Gaining 10 lbs prior to Brazilian buttlift would be OK as long as you maintain the weight following the procedure.  I usually recommend obtaining a stable weight prior to surgery.

BBL

+1

Being overweight is actually less beneficial for the longevity of the fat cells than if you are normal or slightly overweight. The smaller fat cells have a better chance for survival

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Weight Gain Before Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hello. I recommend that all of my patients are at their most stable weight going into surgery. Any weight that you gain in the three weeks leading up to your surgery will not likely be stable, and this could lead to lumpy results after that weight fades away. Because you are so close to surgery I would recommend that you ask your chosen doctor as they will be most familiar with your case specifically.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Gaining weight for a BBL

+1

I do not recommend gaining weight for a BBL. The fat that you gain is not stable fat and will disappear shortly after surgery. It is best to be at you standard weight prior to surgery.

Matthew Schulman, MD