Can This Bad Revision Rhinoplasty Be Fixed? (photo)

It was supposed be simple revision ( I know no such thing) of droopy tip from profile . Front was pretty good. After revision it became worst from every angle. Bridge became crocked, there is a bump from 3/4 view and worst of all tip became longer and pointy. It has been 3 years and I can't get used to this unfamiliar look it gave me. Am I looking for more disappointment with another surgery? Willing to travel Anywhere

Your nose can likely be improved, much closer to your original goal.

+2

Well, please tell everybody that if a doctor tells you that a revision will be "simple," you should run away at top speed. But going forward, one of your main complaints is that the nose is long, with the tip drooping. Even though we can't accomplish *everything* we want to in a revision, raising the tip of the nose is one of the more predictable changes, even in a revision, in competent hands. See my "Web reference" link for a morph showing your nose with the tip elevated.

The bump on the three-quarter view is caused by your nose being off center from the frontal view. Asymmetries like that are the most difficult features to correct in a revision, or even in a primary rhinoplasty. They can generally be improved, but not eliminated. The goal is to get a nose that you are happier with, more satisfied with, even if there are still some features that bug you or that you wish could be a little better.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Almost anything can be fixed and certainly improved. More so than in any other surgery revision rhinoplasty work needs extensive experience and serious talent. This kind of nose work separates the men from the boys as they say. Anyone who does this work has lots of photos to show you what to expect and has extensive credentials. Be sure you check into them well.....also be sure he likes to do revision work as 90% of surgeons do not.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improvement after "Bad" Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

Your nose can be improved if a revision is done by a rhinoplasty expert who specializes in revision surgery. I need to see a complete set pictures that show all views of your nose; my website describes the pictures necessary for nasal evaluation.

Can This Bad Revision Rhinoplasty Be Fixed?

+2

Given your preoperative and postoperative photos, I think that you probably owe it to yourself to at least consider a revision.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA