Recommendations for Doctors Experienced in Liposuction of Calves/ankle in the Chicago Area?

I carry most of my weight in my buttocks, thighs, and (unfortunately) calves. I am overweight (I weigh 178) but have lost about 45 pounds in the past year. (I was about 155 in August 2009 when I became pregnant; I gained an enormous amount of weight while pregnant and it has been slow to come off.) Even when around 155 though I still have disproportionately big legs. I would be interested in having my butt/thighs liposuctioned, too, but my calves are what really make me feel self-conscious.

Finding Plastic Surgeon?

+1

It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_liposuction.htm

Liposuction of Calves/ankle in the Chicago Area

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point for a list of qualified surgeons. Dr. Jay Pensler and Dr. John Cook are two possibilities. Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area to find the one that best meets your needs.

Liposuction of calves

+1

Although I am not sure how much experience he has with liposuction of the calves and ankles, Dr. Edward Lack, in Chicago, has been doing liposuction for many years. You may also want to search the American Society for Plastic Surgery's website