I have CHF and high blood pressure. Will I still be able to get the lap band?

CHF and high blood pressure and the Lap Band

+1
The risk of any surgery can be related to the heart. Having a history of congestive heart failure does not rule out having Lap-Band surgery - but it increases the risk to the patient of further issues with the heart. We recommend that you see your cardiologist prior to surgery to make certain that any issues with the heart are taken care of and that you have been maximized for surgery. 
Most of our patients have high blood pressure- it simply needs to be controlled. 

Scottsdale Bariatric Surgeon

Yes, you can

+1
Additional conditions and diseases associated with obesity are in fact the main indicators to tell if a candidate is in addition to the weight. All patients prior authorization from your cardiologist, pulmonologist, mental health, nutritionist or endocrinologist can be performed bariatric surgery and seek to improve these conditions as much as possible before surgery. However I understand that other options such as gastric sleeve or bypass would get better results.

Pablo D. Garcia V., MD
Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon

Weight loss surgery and comorbidities

+1
We do weight loss surgery to try to resolve problems like high blood pressure and diabetes.  These are reasons to have the surgery; not reasons to avoid it.  Unfortunately LapBAND is not a good choice, as failure and complications are common.  Resolution of medical problems is least likely with this operation.  Consider a more effective operation such as sleeve gastrectomy.

Mark Pleatman, MD
Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon