My Nose is Fleshy at the Tip and Has a Hump. How Can I Fix This? (photo)

My nose is big and has a noticable hump. Additionally, it is very fleshy and wide near the tip/nostrils. I am 19 years old and considering plastic surgery but am unsure of what I'll specifically have to get done.

Rhinoplasty for very thick skin

+2

It is best to have realistic expectations going into this procedure since thick sebaceous skin will  tend to hide the surgical improvements that  a rhinoplasty can perform.

Web reference: Http://seattlefacial.com

Excellent Rhinoplasty Candidate

+2

Dear Bostongal, Thank you for your recent inquiry. You would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. With a direct examination and consultation a good surgical plan would be made. Personally I use a digital imaging computer during consultation which would be very helpful in showing you what your proposed surgical result would look like. It is especially  important in ethnic rhinoplasty to keep the patients entire facial aesthetics in mind.  This allows the surgeon the ability to provide a natural looking nose that helps enhance all of the patients facial features together. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://michaelelammd.com

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Your nasal hump can be reduced and the appearance of the nose can be improved with rhinoplasty. I would recommend a consult with a board certified and experienced rhinoplasty specialist. They may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com/rhinoplasty/

Rhinoplasty to remove the hump and refine the tip etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty to remove the hump and refine the tip etc. can be done while narrowing your base. Select a surgeon who can show you real results and meet with his patients. This shows u what he does on people not the computer. 

Fleshy Tip and Nasal Hump

+1

A rhinoplasty will remove the hump and improve the fleshy tip by contouring the cartilages and narrowing the nasal base. Over the past 35 years I've seen many nose like yours. Thick skin does make it more difficult but significant improvement can be achieved.

Rhinoplasty

+1

This is a common request from patients.  The best advice is to have an in-person consultation with a board certified specialist who can properly evaluate your nasal anatomy and show you computer imaging so you can imagine what you will look like after surgery.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Hump and Fleshy Tip Addressed with Rhinoplasty

+1

I think that the hump can be reduced so that the dorsum and your profile views appear nice and smooth.  The tip can be reduced in width and the nostrils as well, if necessary.  You skin is thick and will inhibit the ability of the tip to take on a small appearance.  Your tip can be significantly improved, but not made small as it can in someone with thin skin.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php