I'm 5'9 and weigh148lbs. Will 420cc get me to a Full C or D? (Photo)

I am scheduled for surgery on the 11th of April. I have had 3 kids, 2 of which were breastfed and deal with deflated breasts and saggy nipples. I am very nervous about my size chosen. I know that its not good to go by sizing, BUT I am getting 420cc silicone gel implants under the muscle and want to know is that a good fit for my body size? I would like to be a full C or D size. do you think?

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Breast implant size

+1
Congratulations in first making the decision to have a breast enhancement. IT appears from your pictures that you are a good candidate for the size that you chose . Remember that cup sizes vary significantly from manufacturer to manufacturer. In my practice measurements of breasts help guide size and postsurgical expectations. More importantly sizing systems are ideal for this situation. Don't get your mind set in the cup size but rather how you look I front of a mirror with the sizing system. That's the most important thing. If you feel you didn't have a good chance to properly size then I would do it again prior to surgery. Best wishes.

Matthew G. Stanwix, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

I'm 5'9 and weigh148lbs. Will 420cc get me to a Full C or D?

+1
Volume decisions are best for in person consultations. I prefer the 500 to 550 range... Good luck..///

If you are nervous about 420 cc breast implants you should see your doctor again

+1
I find that the breast implant sizing system to be quite valuable to help you make a decision.  420 cc  is a good but fairly large breast implant size.

Of more concern to me is the fact that you do have some glandular ptosis and you need to discuss with your plastic surgeon whether or not a breast lift may be necessary.  Placing a 420 cc breast implant beneath your muscle with your current breast implants shape could cause a snoopy deformity.

I would strongly urge you to revisit your plastic surgeon for a further consultation and breast implant sizing system evaluation and a discussion of whether you need a lift before proceeding with surgery.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Implant size

+1
Hi mrsgreen0420.   Implant size is a very personal decision, and you must make the decision yourself, since you are the best judge of what YOU think is the appropriate breast size for your frame.  If someone else decides, your result will be what THEY think is large enough to be pretty,  but not so large that you look out of proportion.  Bra cup size is another issue.  You may be a C or D from one bra manufacturer, and a B or DD from another.  For over 15 years I have been having patients try on implants placed beneath a sports bra, and look in a mirror to decide if the implants are the right fit.  If you are still "very nervous" about your choice, I suggest you see your surgeon before the day of surgery so you can discuss your concerns.  It takes a few days to order implants.  If you are going to change your mind, you need to give the surgeon enough time to order replacements.  Good luck!

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon