Should my Chest Hurt from Having Breast Implants After 10 Years?

Back in 2000 I got breast implants due to tubular breast deformity which was severe. I was 20 and now I'm 30 and still have them in me. I never liked my surgery. It left me with horrible scars and my chest is always so tight for me that it hurts a lot. The good thing from getting my surgery was becoming more comfortable in my own skin dispite the scares, although I cry often b/c of the scares I do have. How do I know if my implants are still good? I'm looking for the best surgeon in McAllen, TX.

Pain in the breast 10 years after breast augmentation

+3

Hi,

You could have either capsular contracture or some issues within the breast itself.

Please see your plastic surgeon. A careful examination and ultrasound will be helpful to make a precise diagnosis.

If you do have a capsular contracture, removal/replacement and complete removal of capsule (scar tissue, capsulectomy) is indicated.

Hope this was  helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Pain from constricted breast (tuberous) correction

+1

I'm sorry for your pain. You should not have gone this long wiht this much discomfort. You may be experiencing severe capsular contracture. You could undergo implant removal and replacement with smaller implants and radial relaxing incisions or consider fat grafting and discontinuing the implants altogether.

Implant concerns

+1

If you have concerns about your implants then I suggest that you seek care from a local plastic surgeon to alleviate your concerns.

Breast Implants should NOT be painful 10 years after surgery

+1

Regarding: "in 2000 I got breast implants due to tubular breast deformity which was severe. I was 20 and now I'm 30 and still have them in me. I never liked my surgery. It left me with horrible scars and my chest is always so tight for me that it hurts a lot. The good thing from getting my surgery was becoming more comfortable in my own skin dispite the scares, although I cry often b/c of the scares I do have. How do I know if my implants are still good?  "

Tuberous breast deformities are hard to correct but should not be associated with "horrible scars" nor with persistent pain. In my opinion, you need to be worked up for possible scarring around the implants - Capsular Contracture which in serious (Class IV) cases is associated with pain.

You need to seek out your surgeon or a member of The American Society of Plastic surgeons plasticsurgery.org to guide you.

Dr. Aldea

Breast Implants after 10 Years

+1

After ten years, you may have some capsular contracture around the implants that is causing some tightness and pain in the chest.  The best thing to do would be to find a board certifed plastic surgeon in your area and make a consultation appointment.  You can go to plasticsurgery.org,  the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgery, and search by zip code for board certified plastic surgeons.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon