Exercises for Tightening Pectoral Muscles After Breast Implants?

I had breast implants about two months ago. I was told by my doctor that I was borderline of needing a lift with the implants. I chose to wait and see what the implants would do. I was wondering, are there chest weight lifting or exercises that I could do to help tighten my pec muscles, to help lift the breast a little higher? I think if I could tighten my pec muscle just a little, my breasts would be at the level I want them to be. I would like to wait on a lift, if possible.

Exercise won't lift breasts

+2

Unfortunately there aren't any exercises that lift breasts, whether there are implants or not. It is possible though that using your pectoral muscles will push the implants down over time, which may or may not look better.

Exercises for Tightening Pectoral Muscles After Breast Implants

+1
Pectoral muscle tightening will not lift breasts. In fact, it is wise to proceed with exercise only with your surgeon's knowledge and approval. Consult with your surgeon as he or she knows the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Oki implants

+1

Oki,

No amount of pectoral muscle development will lift your breasts.  In fact, it might even worsen the sagging appearance.  Let your implants settle a bit longer, about six months, before you decide whether a lift is in order.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

No exercises will lift the breasts

+1

Unfortunately, no amount of exercise will lift the breast tissues. This is because the downward drift of the nipple and areola isn't caused by muscle weakness. Rather, it is a tissue laxity and skin excess problem so muscle bulking won't affect this. When you are ready for a lift, have it done by an expert because this is more of an art form that just placing implants in the breast.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS