Chest Discomfort 1 1/2 Year After Breast Implants - Please Help!

I have a feeling of chest pressure when laying on my stomach in bed and also feel a sore pain when my breasts are squeezed, even just a little. My nipples have also remained very hyper sensitive. When I lay on my back I feel the implants move to the sides towards my armpits a little. What is causing these things to occur and how can I stop the pain? Being with my partner is very difficult when I can barely put up with him touching my chest anymore! The implants are C-sized and submuscular.

Breast discomfort

+1

If you are having discomfort with your breast implants that are more than one and one-half years old, you shoudl really get evlauated by your surgeon. It could be a capsule, infection, or even causalgia.

Discomfort after Breasts Augmentation?

+1

You would be best off if you seek consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and OB/GYN physician. There are many different things that may be going on in your case including breast implant malposition, encapsulation, and breast sensitivity ( secondary to hormonal changes).

Online consultation does not replace in person physical examination for definitive diagnosis and treatment plan.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Breast Discomfort after Augmentation

+1

You may have capsular contracture and should go back to see your plastic surgeon. A less likely cause would be nerve sensitivity which in some cases may be treatable. Some implant movement is normal but if it is sliding to you armpit, you should tell your surgeon.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Chest discomfort after implant surgery

+1

I am sorry you are having this kind of trouble so far after your surgery.  This is definitely not normal but can occur.  The most likely cause for prolonged pain after breast implants is capsular contracture, or the thickening and tightening of scar tissue around the implants.  Because breast implants have less compressibility than normal breast tissue, you will always feel them as firm pressure when you lay on your stomach.  The nipple sensitivity may or may not resolve with time.  I would recommend that you go back to your surgeon and discuss these issues with him or her.